|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 05:30 AM EST||
VIENNA, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MOMENTUM 2012 –News Summary:
- Products bring unprecedented performance, ease-of-deployment, user productivity and cost reduction
- Major releases include EMC Documentum Platform 7.0, EMC Documentum xCP 2.0 and EMC Captiva 7.0
- Products accelerate journey to the cloud for IIG and customers
- EMC's Information Intelligence Group portfolio can be fully managed with EMC OnDemand private cloud deployment model
At Momentum, the EMC Information Intelligence Group's EMEA user conference, EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced a series of new products and solutions across the Information Intelligence Group (IIG) portfolio. IIG is committed to helping its customers transform their business with cloud solutions that connect information to work.
Key Announcements: Agility, Intelligence, Productivity
- EMC® Documentum® Platform 7.0, the next-generation release of EMC's industry-leading enterprise content management (ECM) platform. This new platform delivers breakthrough performance and scalability, while dramatically lowering total cost of ownership. Built with the new EMC xCelerated Management System (xMS) technology, the latest release offers advanced capabilities to simplify and accelerate the deployment of Documentum into VMware-based private-cloud environments. It also includes powerful new capabilities for security such as FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard) compliance as well as improved search for end user productivity.
- EMC® Documentum xCP 2.0 is a next-generation platform for developing and deploying advanced business and case management solutions, optimized for cloud-based deployments including EMC® OnDemand. The new release dramatically improves productivity with a modern user experience, content and process analytics, and provides the industry's first unified solution design tool for increased agility and faster solution development. xCP 2.0 is uniquely positioned to delight business users, enabling them to make effective decisions that drive better business outcomes.
- EMC® Captiva® 7.0 transforms paper documents, faxes and other content into digital data used by enterprise applications. This new, significant release provides advanced capabilities for intelligent enterprise capture, business productivity and improved organizational agility. New features simplify the development and deployment of enterprise capture projects. Captiva 7.0 increases operator productivity with a new configurable, flexible desktop client for a variety of use cases.
- EMC® Document Sciences® xPression 4.5 enables organizations to quickly and cost-effectively create timely, accurate and personally relevant customer communications. Document Sciences xPression 4.5 meets the demands of business users by further extending Microsoft Word to simplify the creation of effective multi-channel communications while providing IT with the enterprise-level administration and change control they require. The new version also includes significant performance improvements and increases productivity for multi-channel publishing by enabling a single rules-based template to control the appropriate use of channel-specific content and formatting.
- EMC® Documentum Information Rights Management (IRM) 5.1 enables secure mobile access to protected information assets throughout the enterprise and beyond the firewall. Designed to enhance business and IT productivity in an increasingly mobile and cloud environment, Documentum IRM 5.1 enables iPad and iPhone users to access and browse IRM-protected enterprise content as part of a typical business process. It is seamlessly integrated with the Documentum platform and also works with file shares and other enterprise content management repositories.
- EMC® SourceOne File Intelligence 4.7, part of the EMC Pervasive Governance solution portfolio, enables organizations to identify, assess, classify and manage valuable content dispersed throughout the enterprise. The solution enables organizations to reduce costs and manage the risks associated with the retention, disposition and remediation of electronic records and files. The new release delivers better performance, scalability and connectivity to other enterprise repositories.
- EMC® SourceOne eDiscovery – Kazeon 4.7, an industry-leading, in-house eDiscovery and Early Case Assessment (ECA) platform, simplifies how legal, compliance and IT teams identify, collect and preserve critical information across numerous repositories and applications. With this new version, organizations can accelerate early case assessment, reduce review costs by more than 50% and enhance their internal investigations with breakthrough performance and scalability.
- EMC® Syncplicity® Connector for Documentum enables organizations to automate the distribution of content from Documentum to users and all of their devices as part of business processes. Developers can also use the xCP Designer to visually design, customize and deploy applications that automatically or manually distribute content from their Documentum repositories via Syncplicity. The company also announced the availability of Syncplicity Mobile 2.0 for the Apple iOS platform.
EMC will demonstrate all of the new products, as well as several solutions. The EMC Documentum for Life Sciences eTMF Solution which minimizes risks and costs of Life Science clinical trials by accelerating the collection of documentation required for trial set-up and approval, gives sponsor companies real-time visibility into the status of trial documentation, and simplifies access and retrieval of eTMF documents during and after the trial. The EMC Documentum Engineering Plant and Facilities Management (EPFM) Solution 1.7 helps operators of large facilities and managers of complex design and construction projects effectively create, share, maintain and secure the large volumes of engineering-related content across globally distributed network of vendors and contractors. The EPFM solution prevents project delays, minimizes plant down time and helps avoid regulatory non-compliance and catastrophic events that can result from faulty documentation.
Melissa Webster, Program Vice President, Content & Digital Media Technologies, IDC
"Customers are increasingly seeking out integrated solutions to manage their unstructured information throughout its life cycle. There is growing awareness of the need to maximize the value of content assets in all phases of that life cycle -- from collaborative content creation and sharing, to the intelligent use of content to drive business processes, to discovery and governance -- and of the benefits of a comprehensive, integrated single-vendor solution."
Rick Devenuti, President, Information Intelligence Group, EMC Corporation
"EMC is pleased to deliver such a comprehensive set of products and solutions, aimed at bringing new levels of agility, productivity and intelligence to the enterprise. The Information Intelligence Group is focused on helping our customers transform their IT and business operations with cloud solutions to connect information to work; the integrated innovation in this new wave of releases drives us forward on that journey."
Follow EMC at Momentum:
- Discover all Momentum News
- Visit the EMC Community Network to follow the Momentum conference online
- Follow the @EMC_Momentum account and join the conversation using #mmtm12 on Twitter
- Stay connected with Momentum on Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Watch the video
- Learn more about EMC Documentum for Life Sciences
- Learn more about EMC Documentum EPFM
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network
- Join the EMC Captiva communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and SlideShare
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, Documentum, Captiva, xPression and Document Sciences are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks herein are the property of their respective holders.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 9, 2015 01:15 PM EDT
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 158
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 779
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 591
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Oct. 9, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 121
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 553
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 295
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 228
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 738
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 9, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 181
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 9, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 9, 2015 11:15 AM EDT
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 9, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 292
Mobile messaging has been a popular communication channel for more than 20 years. Finnish engineer Matti Makkonen invented the idea for SMS (Short Message Service) in 1984, making his vision a reality on December 3, 1992 by sending the first message ("Happy Christmas") from a PC to a cell phone. Since then, the technology has evolved immensely, from both a technology standpoint, and in our everyday uses for it. Originally used for person-to-person (P2P) communication, i.e., Sally sends a text message to Betty – mobile messaging now offers tremendous value to businesses for customer and empl...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 302
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 9, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,883
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 9, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,415
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 504
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 570
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 732
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 9, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 300