|By Marketwired .||
|November 6, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 11/06/12 -- EDUCAUSE -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- The University of Akron, a culturally diverse university with more than 28,000 students, located in Akron, Ohio, has implemented Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management hosted on Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research.
- The University of Akron has a robust technology infrastructure; however, with a multitude of projects in progress, the university had limited resources available to implement and maintain a traditional business intelligence environment in its data center. The university also sought to achieve operational cost efficiencies and shorten the implementation cycle by hosting the environment in the cloud.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition provides the university with a set of reporting and ad-hoc query and analysis capabilities that The University of Akron staff can access and personalize using Oracle's pre-built dashboards.
- The University of Akron also deployed PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management solutions including Financial Analytics, Human Capital Management Warehouse and Supply Chain Analytics, which provides strategic planning and goal setting capabilities and an end-to-end reporting process, including processes that meet National Science Foundation (NSF) research reporting requirements.
- The University of Akron will leverage Oracle's business intelligence and enterprise planning solutions as it implements its Vision 2020 -- a strategic plan designed to grow enrollment, improve the learning experience and increase funding for student programs, faculty, research, campus and community.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management add to the university's Oracle footprint, which also includes PeopleSoft Enterprise Student Financials, a component of Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, and PeopleSoft Human Capital Management.
- The University of Akron worked with Oracle Consulting to implement its cloud environment via standard software and practices in nine months -- having launched the initial environment in July 2012. The complete implementation process will happen in three phases. The University of Akron is currently in phase two, where it will increase user counts from 30 to 125 and complete the NSF reporting functionality.
- "The University of Akron has implemented many Oracle solutions, now including Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition. We have limited internal resources currently available, and the Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research provided the university with an additional option for its strategic planning needs -- while also preserving internal capabilities to focus on core competencies," said Susan Rzyczycki, assistant vice president applications services, The University of Akron.
- "With funding shortages and a need for increased operational efficiencies, higher education institutions are seeking ways to operate more efficiently while providing their faculty, staff and students with new technologies. We believe that with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management, hosted on Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research, The University of Akron will have greater reporting capabilities to facilitate forecasting and planning, while reducing operational expenses," said Cole Clark, global vice president, education and research industry, Oracle.
- Oracle in Higher Education
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise Performance Management
- PeopleSoft Financial Analytics
- PeopleSoft Human Capital Management Warehouse
- PeopleSoft Supply Chain Analytics
- PeopleSoft Human Capital Management
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Student Financials
- Oracle Higher Education on Facebook
- Oracle Higher Education on Diigo
- Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research Executive Summary
- Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research Solutions Brief
- Oracle Cloud Solutions for Education and Research Frequently Asked Questions
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the education and research industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walked through how Octob...
Jan. 24, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 3,167
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 24, 2017 06:15 PM EST Reads: 3,826
"There's a growing demand from users for things to be faster. When you think about all the transactions or interactions users will have with your product and everything that is between those transactions and interactions - what drives us at Catchpoint Systems is the idea to measure that and to analyze it," explained Leo Vasiliou, Director of Web Performance Engineering at Catchpoint Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York Ci...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 5,925
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 5,399
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Jan. 24, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,280
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Jan. 24, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 3,023
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Jan. 24, 2017 01:30 PM EST Reads: 4,500
Discover top technologies and tools all under one roof at April 24–28, 2017, at the Westin San Diego in San Diego, CA. Explore the Mobile Dev + Test and IoT Dev + Test Expo and enjoy all of these unique opportunities: The latest solutions, technologies, and tools in mobile or IoT software development and testing. Meet one-on-one with representatives from some of today's most innovative organizations
Jan. 24, 2017 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,744
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and E...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 5,935
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smart...
Jan. 24, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,879
The WebRTC Summit New York, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 20th International Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo. WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web co...
Jan. 24, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 3,081
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 24, 2017 10:45 AM EST Reads: 4,843
Buzzword alert: Microservices and IoT at a DevOps conference? What could possibly go wrong? In this Power Panel at DevOps Summit, moderated by Jason Bloomberg, the leading expert on architecting agility for the enterprise and president of Intellyx, panelists peeled away the buzz and discuss the important architectural principles behind implementing IoT solutions for the enterprise. As remote IoT devices and sensors become increasingly intelligent, they become part of our distributed cloud enviro...
Jan. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EST Reads: 5,110
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a client-oriented software development company, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex softw...
Jan. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EST Reads: 2,025
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 24, 2017 07:45 AM EST Reads: 3,937
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 24, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,714
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 4,296
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet and...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,739
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,657
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Jan. 24, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,997