|By Marketwired .||
|November 28, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/28/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Recognizing customer leadership, innovation and partnership efforts, Oracle presented the 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards to eight companies at Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco.
- The annual awards recognize the achievements of companies that have demonstrated innovation and exceptional performance in the following categories:
- Customer Experience - Subaru of America, Inc. and Hyundai Capital America
- Integrated Business Operations - General Dynamics Information Technology, Leggett & Platt and DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- Enterprise Transformation - Mazda Motor Corporation and GE Home and Business Solutions
Subaru of America, Inc.
- Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) is the United States Sales and Marketing subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries of Japan and is responsible for the distribution, marketing, sales and service of Subaru vehicles in the United States.
- Subaru of America needed to consolidate multiple silos of customer information to make intelligent, strategic business decisions and more effectively position Subaru vehicles to existing and prospective drivers.
- Standardizing on a complete Oracle Red Stack of applications, middleware, technology and hardware, Subaru of America runs the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Oracle SOA Suite to support one-to-one marketing campaigns, sales leads, customer and vehicle service and the order-to-delivery lifecycle across 1.5 million customers and 600 dealerships.
- By consolidating and removing silos, Subaru of America can effectively examine customer behaviors, interests, passions and desires throughout the research, purchase and ownership lifecycle -- helping to grow market share, sales and profit margins.
General Dynamics Information Technology
- General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT), one of General Dynamics' 13 business units, provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services, as well as simulation and training to customers in the defense, Federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government, and commercial sectors.
- GDIT needed to transform its business and redefine the way it conducts financial and operational business planning to drive down costs and time to value, while simultaneously driving up the quality of the solutions to maximize contract investments and resource utilization.
- To achieve these goals, GDIT consolidated numerous disparate planning applications and spreadsheets into one enterprise performance management platform. Centralizing on Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Planning Suite and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g, GDIT accelerated development of forward pricing rates, providing sufficient time to react to compliance requirements and analyze rate information. It can now write more accurate commentary to support rate changes and meet submission deadlines consistently and efficiently while increasing contract compliance.
DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services
- DRS-Integrated Defense Systems and Services (DRS-IDSS) provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber warfare, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, control systems and unmanned technologies. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with more than 3,000 employees around the globe.
- DRS-IDSS needed to increase efficiency and identify new opportunities for growth.
- To support these objectives, DRS-IDSS built an integrated business operations platform with Oracle E-Business Suite supply chain and manufacturing applications, Primavera project management applications and Hyperion enterprise performance management solutions. By organizing its operations by function across lines of business, DRS-IDSS has consolidated operations and data and improved its ability to leverage information across multiple legacy systems, share assets and measure and report in a consistent way. Its goal is to improve engineering and manufacturing efficiency and time to market.
- Providing a clear market differentiator for DRS-IDSS, the company is using the solution to achieve improved inventory reconciliation on-time delivery and risk mitigation to 90 percent. It optimized estimate at completion (EAC) forecasting within against actual costs.
Leggett & Platt
- Leggett & Platt (Leggett) is a diversified manufacturer and member of the S&P 500 that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in homes, offices and automobiles. It is the leading United States producer of components for residential furniture and bedding; components for office furniture; drawn steel wire; automotive seat support and lumbar systems; carpet cushion; adjustable beds; and bedding industry machinery for wire forming, sewing, and quilting.
- In a span of nearly 130 years, Leggett & Platt evolved into a decentralized and extremely diversified company. Focused on continuous improvement, the management team saw an opportunity for the company to run even more efficiently and improve its ability to act on better data to gain a more accurate understanding of the health of the organization, nationally and globally.
- Leggett & Platt implemented an integrated business operations solution that envisions a unique "one-number S&OP" supported by Oracle's Demantra Demand Planning, Advanced Forecasting and Sales and Operations Planning. For its supply chain operations, Leggett & Platt runs Oracle's PeopleSoft Procurement and Oracle Transportation Management. To optimize financial performance, the company depends on Oracle Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle Essbase, KPI Cube and Profitability and Cost Management.
- Through its business strategy and integrated business planning solution powered by Oracle, Leggett & Platt looks to consistently rank in the top one-third of the S&P 500 based on total shareholder return and deliver 4 percent to 5 percent annual growth and possess the number one or two spots in most of its target markets.
Mazda Motor Corporation
- Mazda Motor Corporation (Mazda) and its Zoom-Zoom spirit, sells more than 1.2 million vehicles annually, Mazda makes passenger cars, commercial vehicles and crossover sport utility vehicles. It includes more than 50 subsidiaries, such as Mazda Motor of America, Europe and Australia. The company manufactures in Japan, China and Thailand.
- Mazda is transforming the way it operates its business, designs its cars and manages its systems' infrastructure on a global scale. The company expects to reduce the costs of building and maintaining IT systems, helping to reduce time to implementation and improve productivity, performance, profits and its driver experiences.
- After a competitive review process, Mazda selected Oracle and Oracle Japan solutions to integrate its global information systems into a complete structure that enables it to respond rapidly to market and operational changes. To date, Mazda has implemented Oracle enterprise performance management solutions, Oracle Business Intelligence Applications, the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle CRM solutions, Oracle's PeopleSoft, Oracle Value Chain Planning, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Database Security, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Data Integrator, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and other solutions.
GE Home and Business Solutions
- GE Home & Business Solutions is an $8.6 billion business that includes Appliances and Lighting and Intelligent Platforms teams. These global businesses offer customers energy efficiency and productivity solutions through innovative appliances, lighting, embedded/control systems and software platforms.
- With the recent decline in consumer spending, the retail market faced a significant drop in new appliance sales. To maintain profitability in this challenging market, GE Home and Business Solutions reorganized its operational structure, standardized critical business processes and consolidated more than 500 applications on an Oracle platform. Referred to as "ERP+", this initiative enabled the division to cut costs 70 percent and return 1,000 jobs from China to the U.S.
- Specifically, GE Home and Business Solutions uses the Oracle E-Business Suite to manage its supply chain operations and its order ship bill processes. Additionally, the company uses Oracle CRM.
- "Innovation and efficiency are fundamental to success in the manufacturing industry, and the right mix can enable enterprises to weather and thrive in even challenging economic times. The winners of Oracle's 2012 Automotive, Industrial Manufacturing and Aerospace and Defense Industry Excellence Awards exemplify these tenets and demonstrate the important role that thoughtful IT strategy can play in achieving and maintaining a competitive edge," said Sasha Banks, senior director of manufacturing industry strategy and marketing. "Oracle is honored to work with the industry's leading manufacturing innovators to define the next generation of this market."
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the automotive, industrial manufacturing and aerospace and defense industries, helping to speed time to market, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) provides the most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 370
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 7, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 138
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 7, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 555
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 360
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 343
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 7, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 344
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 7, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 107
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 7, 2016 07:00 AM EST Reads: 119
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 6, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 719
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 785
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 410
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 851
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 940
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 726
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,146
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,216
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 812
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 790
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,268