|By PR Newswire||
|January 3, 2013 09:31 AM EST||
COLUMBIA, S.C., Jan. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unitrends, the leading provider of all-in-one backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery solutions, today announced that the company experienced double digit revenue growth in 2012 – the best year in the company's 24-year history. Q4 2012 marked the company's 16th consecutive quarter of record growth, with 96% sales growth and 288% channel sales growth.
Unitrends achieved dramatic growth in Q4 and throughout 2012. Strong leadership, innovative and market-leading technologies, unrivaled customer support, aggressive competitive replacement programs and go-to-market initiatives all propelled the company to success. Highlights include:
- 96% growth in sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 88% growth 2012 over 2011.
- 288% growth in channel sales Q4 2012 over Q4 2011, and 104% growth 2012 over 2011.
- More than 390 new customers signed across industries, including banking, government, healthcare and higher education, in Q4 2012.
- Unrivaled customer support evidenced by the company's 98%-plus customer satisfaction rate. Attributing to this ranking is the fact that, on average, customer support phone calls are answered in three rings or less.
- More than 15,000 downloads of Unitrends Enterprise Backup Free Edition, the software-only version of the company's Recovery Series of physical appliances, since the solution launched in June 2012.
- Channel staff within Unitrends grew by 100% 2012 over 2011, and the number of channel representatives supporting Unitrends grew by 154% 2012 over 2011.
"Our explosive growth in 2012 is a direct reflection of our core belief that industry-changing technology innovations are but one part of a successful data protection solution," said Mike Coney, CEO of Unitrends. "Our partners and customers choose Unitrends because they know our products make easy, affordable, effective and reliable backup and disaster recovery a given, whether it's in a traditional data center, the cloud, a virtual environment that includes different hypervisors, or a combination of all three. And, perhaps most importantly, they know our employees are the best in the business and are always there to ensure their success. We gauge our own success on how well the IT professionals we serve sleep at night."
Technology and Innovation
In Q4, Unitrends continued to invest in the development of innovative unified data protection solutions that protect heterogeneous environments at the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in the industry.
- Following its Sept. 2012 announcement that Unitrends Enterprise Backup is the industry's only native all-in-one Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 Hyper-V® role and Hyper-V 2012 Server backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery virtual appliance, Unitrends also became the first vendor to support Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and VMware® vSphere™ 5.1.
- In Q4, the company launched Unitrends Release 7.0, the next generation of Unitrends' virtual, physical and cloud backup and recovery solutions. More than 1,400 IT staff registered for a demo in mid-December showcasing the 7.0 release, which enhances data protection in virtualized and cloud environments and provides an expanded range of platform and enterprise application support. Innovative new features include:
- Hot-hot replication and retention for low recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs)
- VMware SAN direct backup and recovery to reduce backup windows
- Application-aware VMware backups for enhanced host operating system (HOS)-level protection
- Oracle® and Microsoft Office SharePoint® support for native application protection – extending Unitrends' robust, feature-rich data backup and recovery functionality to even more enterprise-level applications
Additional Q4 Company Milestones
In addition to revenue, sales and product success, Unitrends also achieved the following milestones in Q4:
- Trade Up/Trade In Program Expansion – Following the success of its Symantec Backup Exec™ competitive replacement program earlier this year, Unitrends expanded its Trade Up/Trade In Program in Q4. The company offered up to a 50% discount to organizations switching from Veeam®, Barracuda and AppAssure® to a Unitrends backup solution by Dec. 31, 2012.
- Industry Recognition – In December, Unitrends was featured in the inaugural ranking of Inc. Magazine's Hire Power Awards, which recognized the private companies that have generated the most jobs from 2008 to 2011. Inc. placed Unitrends in the top five on its list of the top job creators in South Carolina and in the ninth spot in its list of Hire Power Award winners in the security industry, which included data protection. This recognition came only a few months after Unitrends earned a spot on the annual Inc. 500/5000 rankings in September. In October, Unitrends was honored with the "Advisor Award" at the fifth annual Spicies Awards hosted by Spiceworks. The award, voted on by IT professionals in the Spiceworks Community, was given to "the go-to resource for straight-talk, practical insight and the nitty-gritty technology details IT professionals need to do their jobs."
For more information on Unitrends and its enterprise-class data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, please visit www.unitrends.com.
The trusted provider of all-in-one backup solutions, Unitrends enables its customers to focus on their business instead of backup. The company's family of scalable, all-in-one appliances and software solutions for backup, archiving, instant recovery and disaster recovery protects corporate data, over 100 different versions of servers, operating systems (including Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Mac OS, Linux, AIX, Solaris and many others), SAN, NAS, hypervisors (including Hyper-V and VMware) and applications (including Exchange, SQL, Oracle and many others). Unitrends is the preferred choice of IT professionals because the company sets the standard in virtual, physical and cloud server data protection with instant recovery that enables complete system recovery in less than five minutes while Unitrends' pricing offers the lowest TCO in the industry. Unitrends' U.S.-based support team boasts a 99% customer satisfaction rate. Visit www.unitrends.com.
Jackie Gerbus for Unitrends, Inc.
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,537
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,011
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,307
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,501
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,934
With 15% of enterprises adopting a hybrid IT strategy, you need to set a plan to integrate hybrid cloud throughout your infrastructure. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steven Dreher, Director of Solutions Architecture at Green House Data, discussed how to plan for shifting resource requirements, overcome challenges, and implement hybrid IT alongside your existing data center assets. Highlights included anticipating workload, cost and resource calculations, integrating services on both sides...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,972
Big Data engines are powering a lot of service businesses right now. Data is collected from users from wearable technologies, web behaviors, purchase behavior as well as several arbitrary data points we’d never think of. The demand for faster and bigger engines to crunch and serve up the data to services is growing exponentially. You see a LOT of correlation between “Cloud” and “Big Data” but on Big Data and “Hybrid,” where hybrid hosting is the sanest approach to the Big Data Infrastructure pro...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,890
"We are a well-established player in the application life cycle management market and we also have a very strong version control product," stated Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet,, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,794
We all know the latest numbers: Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 6.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2016, up 30 percent from last year, and will reach 20.8 billion by 2020. We're rapidly approaching a data production of 40 zettabytes a day – more than we can every physically store, and exabytes and yottabytes are just around the corner. For many that’s a good sign, as data has been proven to equal money – IF it’s ingested, integrated, and analyzed fast enough. Without real-ti...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,013
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Jul. 25, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 985
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,755
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,077
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jul. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,438
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 25, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 965
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Jul. 25, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,699
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,976
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus...
Jul. 25, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 875
Is your aging software platform suffering from technical debt while the market changes and demands new solutions at a faster clip? It’s a bold move, but you might consider walking away from your core platform and starting fresh. ReadyTalk did exactly that. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and over a decade of audio conferencing product development to start an innovati...
Jul. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 982
Early adopters of IoT viewed it mainly as a different term for machine-to-machine connectivity or M2M. This is understandable since a prerequisite for any IoT solution is the ability to collect and aggregate device data, which is most often presented in a dashboard. The problem is that viewing data in a dashboard requires a human to interpret the results and take manual action, which doesn’t scale to the needs of IoT.
Jul. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,936
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 25, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 527