|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
SAN MATEO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- SnapLogic, the leader in enterprise cloud integration, accomplished significant milestones in 2012, including raising $20 million in Series C funding, tripling enterprise customers, and releasing several product innovations. Enterprises globally are adopting SnapLogic as their standard for integrating enterprise business applications both on-premises and in the cloud.
"SnapLogic is entering a new phase of growth in 2013, and our vision of seamlessly and robustly integrating enterprise applications and business processes in the cloud has come to fruition," said Gaurav Dhillon, chairman and CEO of SnapLogic. "Global 2000 companies have recognized SnapLogic's value as both an on-ramp to the cloud and the fastest and most productive way to integrate complex webs of SaaS and on-premises applications."
"It's gratifying to see enterprise CIOs embrace SnapLogic in their new roles as Chief Innovation Officers. These new CIOs and their teams are successfully orchestrating petabytes of business data seamlessly across hybrid environments by utilizing our powerful, cloud-centric integration technology as the engine that drives their innovation," continued Dhillon.
- Over the course of 2012, SnapLogic continuously added new capabilities to its enterprise cloud integration platform. Customers can now leverage more enterprise-class features, such as high availability and rollback support, smarter server shutdown options, and a more intuitive interface for administrative tasks.
- In addition, SnapLogic's powerful integration designer enhancements and new real-time performance monitoring features give users instant insight into the health of their integrations, so they can tune system performance and conduct real-time debugging to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Other improvements this year included several new core components for managing large data sets, richer documentation content, and enhanced data security inside and outside the corporate firewall.
- In 2012, SnapLogic surpassed 150 Snaps in its SnapStore, which is an open marketplace of intelligent data connectors. New Snaps are available for applications like Apptio, Amazon S3, Concur, Google Apps, Netezza, Microsoft Dynamics, PGP, Responsys, Splunk, ServiceNow, VMware vCenter and Yammer. In addition, key enhancements to the Salesforce.com Snap include Bulk API support and a SOQL wizard.
Customer Wins and New Partnerships
- In 2012, SnapLogic delivered 300% year-over-year growth, counting some of the world's most successful enterprises as new customers, including Bloomin' Brands, a global restaurant chain with 90,000 employees and 1,200 locations across brands like Outback Steakhouse.
- SnapLogic forged new partnerships throughout the software industry, helping enterprises easily connect key cloud and on-premises applications together. In 2012, SnapLogic collaborated with software companies like Anaplan, Apptio, Birst, Netezza, RevStream, ServiceNow, Splunk, SumoLogic and Zuora, and with system integrators like Accenture, Deloitte, NTT Data, Persistent Systems, Wipro, CloudTP and Zuna.
- SnapLogic closed a $20 million Series C funding round this year led by new investor Ignition Partners, and joined by Triangle Peak Partners and existing investors Andreessen Horowitz.
- The company formed a CIO Advisory Board, gaining valuable expertise from veteran CIOs who are helping SnapLogic uncover data-related trends in cloud computing and providing counsel regarding the company's technology direction and economic model.
- In 2012, the company also added new leadership talent, including Andrea Eubanks De Jounge as vice president of marketing. In addition, J. Christopher Wagner and Marco Massenzio were promoted to CTO and vice president of engineering, respectively, rounding out a stellar technology leadership team. Chris, "the cloud guy," was previously a key technical leader at Cisco, Network Appliance and Silicon Graphics, Inc. And prior to SnapLogic, Marco led Google's engineering efforts around the delivery and operation of massively scalable distributed systems.
- SnapLogic was selected as a DataWeek Top Innovator in the fall, after joining the list of 2012's Top 100 Data Innovators earlier in the year. SnapLogic was chosen by esteemed judges and online voters as DataWeek's best platform/API, one of over a dozen categories highlighting the most innovative areas of the data industry.
- SnapLogic also won the Best Cloud Platform award at the 3rd Annual Cloud Computing World Forum this year, where the SnapLogic Integration Platform was selected from over 250 applicants in the annual Cloud Computing World Series.
- In addition, SnapLogic was selected as a Best Integration Solution finalist for the prestigious 2012 CODiE Awards, as well as a Best Cloud Middleware finalist in the Up-Start Cloud Awards.
SnapLogic is the leader in enterprise cloud integration, transforming how companies integrate business applications on-premise and in the cloud. With the award-winning SnapLogic Integration Platform, organizations can easily and securely connect a variety of applications or data sources together, while achieving radically better performance and faster implementations than with traditional integration technologies. SnapLogic offers a scalable enterprise integration hub, a browser-based drag and drop visual designer, and a rich library of connectors (called Snaps).
Based in San Mateo, Calif., SnapLogic's products are used by prominent companies in the Global 2000. SnapLogic is funded by leading venture investors, including Andreessen Horowitz and Ignition Partners. For more information, call +1.888.494.1570 or visit www.snaplogic.com.
Connect with SnapLogic
- Read the blog: http://blog.snaplogic.com/
- Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/snaplogic
- Visit on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SnapLogic
- Find on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/210766/SnapLogic
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (415) 432-2439
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Oct. 13, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 745
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 278
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 205
Developing software for the Internet of Things (IoT) comes with its own set of challenges. Security, privacy, and unified standards are a few key issues. In addition, each IoT product is comprised of at least three separate application components: the software embedded in the device, the backend big-data service, and the mobile application for the end user's controls. Each component is developed by a different team, using different technologies and practices, and deployed to a different stack/target - this makes the integration of these separate pipelines and the coordination of software upd...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 411
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 692
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 302
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 13, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 317
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sandy Carter, IBM General Manager Cloud Ecosystem and Developers, and a Social Business Evangelist, will keynote at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 248
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermi...
Oct. 13, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 203
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 13, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,011
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 13, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 682
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 258
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 13, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 407
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 13, 2015 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 852
Electric power utilities face relentless pressure on their financial performance, and reducing distribution grid losses is one of the last untapped opportunities to meet their business goals. Combining IoT-enabled sensors and cloud-based data analytics, utilities now are able to find, quantify and reduce losses faster – and with a smaller IT footprint. Solutions exist using Internet-enabled sensors deployed temporarily at strategic locations within the distribution grid to measure actual line loads.
Oct. 13, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 273
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Oct. 12, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 7,128
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 12, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 262
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Oct. 12, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,227
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Oct. 12, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,489