|By Greg Schulz||
|January 15, 2013 06:45 PM EST||
Thanks for viewing StorageIO content and top 2012 viewed posts
By Greg Schulz
2012 was a busy year (it was our 7th year in business) along with plenty of activity on StorageIOblog.com as well as on the various syndicate and other sites that pickup our content feed (http://storageioblog.com/RSSfull.xml).
Excluding traditional media venues, columns, articles, web casts and web site visits (StorageIO.com and StorageIO.TV), StorageIO generated content including posts and pod casts have reached over 50,000 views per month (and growing) across StorageIOblog.com and our partner or syndicated sites. Including both public and private, there were about four dozen in-person events and activities not counting attending conferences or vendor briefing sessions, along with plenty of industry commentary. On the twitter front, plenty of activity there as well closing in on 7,000 followers.
Thank you to everyone who have visited the sites where you will find StorageIO generated content, along with industry trends and perspective comments, articles, tips, webinars, live in person events and other activities.
In terms of what was popular on the StorageIOblog.com site, here are the top 20 viewed posts in alphabetical order.
Amazon cloud storage options enhanced with Glacier
Announcing SAS SANs for Dummies book, LSI edition
Are large storage arrays dead at the hands of SSD?
AWS (Amazon) storage gateway, first, second and third impressions
EMC VFCache respinning SSD and intelligent caching
Hard product vs. soft product
How much SSD do you need vs. want?
Oracle, Xsigo, VMware, Nicira, SDN and IOV: IO IO its off to work they go
Is SSD dead? No, however some vendors might be
IT and storage economics 101, supply and demand
More storage and IO metrics that matter
NAD recommends Oracle discontinue certain Exadata performance claims
New Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid drive (SSD and HDD)
PureSystems, something old, something new, something from big blue
Researchers and marketers dont agree on future of nand flash SSD
Should Everything Be Virtualized?
SSD, flash and DRAM, DejaVu or something new?
What is the best kind of IO? The one you do not have to do
Why FC and FCoE vendors get beat up over bandwidth?
Why SSD based arrays and storage appliances can be a good idea
Moving beyond the top twenty read posts on StorageIOblog.com site, the list quickly expands to include more popular posts around clouds, virtualization and data protection modernization (backup/restore, HA, BC, DR, archiving), general IT/ICT industry trends and related themes.
I would like to thank the current StorageIOblog.com site sponsors Solarwinds (management tools including response time monitoring for physical and virtual servers) and Veeam (VMware and Hyper-V virtual server backup and data protection management tools) for their support.
Thanks again to everyone for reading and following these and other posts as well as for your continued support, watch for more content on the above and other related and new topics or themes throughout 2013.
Ok, nuff said.
All Comments, (C) and (TM) belong to their owners/posters, Other content (C) Copyright 2006-2013 StorageIO All Rights Reserved
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- EDS and VMware Earn Top Net Promoter Scores According to New Temkin Group Research of Tech Industry
- July 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- DevOps – Getting the Most From It at @DevOpsSummit [#DevOps]
- AppSphere 2014 Continues to Expand Speaker List With Industry Thought Leaders
- iCIMS Talent Platform Recognized for Outstanding Technology Enhancements by "Network Products Guide"
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists