|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 10:09 AM EST||
MATAWAN, N.J., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- iCIMS, Inc., a leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) talent acquisition software solutions for growing businesses, today released the company's year-end results, demonstrating a substantial increase in both customer count and revenue for fiscal year 2012.
In 2012, iCIMS reached a series of major milestones that contributed to larger market penetration; the company increased revenues by 22 percent and experienced 30 percent growth in new customer acquisitions. In addition to direct sales of the company's leading talent acquisition solutions, Connect, Recruit, and Onboard, the revenue and customer expansion was fueled by the company's reseller partnership with Workopolis, the largest online recruitment provider in Canada, and its acquisition of Massachusetts-based social recruiting solution provider, Jobmagic. The company's commitment to delivering best-in-breed, "pure" SaaS, talent acquisition solutions that are responsive to the social and mobile demands of the evolving candidate landscape led to numerous product innovations in 2012; these enhancements furthered bottom line growth with new and existing customers.
Fiscal Year 2012 Business Highlights:
- iCIMS Talent Platform: In 2012, iCIMS increased its direct customer count by 23% vs. 2011.
- Social Distribution: In Q3 2012, iCIMS acquired approximately 200 clients as a result of its acquisition of former technology partner, Jobmagic.
- iCIMS NOW Customers: By the close of 2012, iCIMS had quadrupled the number of clients using its very small business recruitment solution, iCIMS NOW.
- Growth in Energy Accounts: iCIMS experienced significant new client growth in the Energy industry. By comparison to 2011, new customers in the Energy segment tripled. Some Energy organizations that chose iCIMS as their talent acquisition software solution include PowerStream, TAS Energy Inc., and Excel Modular Scaffold.
- Investment Capital from Susquehanna Growth Equity, LLC: In January 2012, iCIMS secured a $35 million minority growth equity investment from Susquehanna Growth Equity, LLC (SGE). The company used this funding to increase investments in marketing, product development, and acquisitions to further accelerate the company's rapid growth and expansion plans.
- New Corporate Headquarters: In March 2012, iCIMS relocated its headquarters to a "Class A" building in Matawan, NJ that can comfortably house all current and planned in-house staff. Within the year, the company added nearly 90 employees, increasing headcount by 33%.
- Partnership with Workopolis: In Q3 2012, iCIMS won a competitive bid to serve as Workopolis' outsourced technology partner for talent acquisition software solutions. As the exclusive Canadian distributor of the iCIMS Talent Platform, Workopolis now resells iCIMS' Connect, Recruit, and Onboard products as well as related Power-Ups, including Social Distribution, Career Site SEO, and i-9 & e-Verify. Additionally, iCIMS Talent Platform will also power the next version of Workopolis' existing applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Acquisition of Jobmagic: Also in Q3 2012, iCIMS acquired social recruiting solution provider and former technology partner, Jobmagic. iCIMS Social Distribution provides users with automated job distribution and employee referral programs through their social networks, enabling companies to efficiently reach a broader range of potential candidates. The acquisition allows iCIMS to market, sell, and support Social Distribution as Power-Up to Recruit or a standalone solution, creating a new option for organizations that are interested in technology for social recruiting but not currently in need of an applicant tracking system.
Major Releases of 2012
- iCIMS Rolled Out Talent Platform 11.3: In Q1 2012, the 11.3 release offered a strengthened and faster foundation complemented by scalable social media features, ensuring clients were up to date with current recruitment marketing trends.
- iCIMS 12.1 Release Debuted: In Q3 2012, the 12.1 release enhanced functionality such as the user interface (UI), searching and analytics, integrations, and accessibility, including full iPad support of the front- and back-end application. In addition to these improvements, the 12.1 release armed users with increased social and mobile capabilities that are essential to talent acquisition processes.
- iCIMS Launched 12.2 Release: In Q4 2012, the 12.2 release became available and with enhanced functionality that enabled iCIMS customers to bring high-quality, top talent into their iCIMS system more efficiently, both through social and mobile platforms as well as through enhanced resume parsing and other traditional means.
New Product & Power-Up
- Career Site Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Power-Up Launched: In Q3 2012, iCIMS debuted its latest Power-Up to Recruit that enables organizations to increase the likelihood of achieving top search engine rankings for their open positions, thereby increasing traffic to corporate career sites. With the use of Career Site SEO, recruiters can reduce reliance on third-party job board postings and other recruitment marketing techniques. Career Site SEO enables recruiters to get job postings in front of millions of potential candidates with the use of .JOBS career microsites.
- iCIMS Connect Product Debuted: In Q4 2012, iCIMS introduced its latest core product offering, Connect. This new addition to the iCIMS Talent Platform's suite of talent acquisition tools allows customers to engage with passive candidates and build a sourcing pipeline for future hiring needs. Connect's innovative features enable iCIMS' clients to appeal to candidates who may not be ready to apply for an employer's open positions, but are interested in the company's employment brand and want to keep in touch with the organization. The product can be purchased as a standalone recruitment CRM product that can feed into a company's applicant tracking system (ATS) of record, or it can be purchased alongside iCIMS' other core products, Recruit and Onboard.
Key Third-Party Recognitions:
- Stevie Award for Sales and Customer Service: In Q1 2012, iCIMS earned Bronze for Customer Service Department of the Year in the Computer Software category.
- Brandon Hall Excellence in Technology: In Q4 2012, iCIMS earned Silver in the Best Advance in Talent Acquisition Technology category for iCIMS Social Distribution.
"Pure" SaaS Delivery
- Best of SaaS Showplace (BoSS) Awards: In Q3 2012, iCIMS was the winner of the Human Resource Management category.
- TMC's Cloud Computing Excellence Awards: In Q4 2012, iCIMS Talent Platform was awarded TMCnet™'s 2012 Cloud Computing Excellence Award.
- Montclair Advisors' SaaS Top 250: In Q4 2012, iCIMS was recognized as a member of the 2012 Global SaaS Top 250 listing.
Company Growth & Stability
- NJBIZ's Best Places to Work in NJ: In Q2 2012, iCIMS was ranked #29 in NJBIZ's 2012 "Best Places to Work in New Jersey" among businesses with under 250 employees.
- Inc. 500 I 5,000: In Q3 2012, iCIMS was named to the list of the fastest growing private companies in America for the seventh consecutive year.
- NJBIZ's 50 Fastest Growing Companies: In Q4 2012, iCIMS was named to the list of the 50 fastest growing companies in the state of New Jersey.
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500™: In Q4 2012, iCIMS was named to Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™ list of North America's fastest-growing companies.
- Best in Biz: In Q4 2012, iCIMS was named a Bronze winner in the Fastest Growing Company of the Year category for medium-sized organizations.
"The company's year started off with the decision to intensify our focus and resources on doing what we do best: market-responsive, pure SaaS talent acquisition solutions," said Colin Day, Chief Executive Officer, iCIMS. "Our dedication to providing a best-in-breed, pre-hire platform has allowed us to forge partnerships with big-name providers like Workopolis and to be honored by prestigious award programs, and it has also afforded us the ability to grow and acquire companies to help make our products more social-enabled and mobile-accessible than ever. As we enter the New Year with exciting product additions, like Connect and Career Site SEO, I'm optimistic we'll continue the momentum in 2013," stated Day.
"iCIMS' success is greatly attributed to leaders and staff members who are passionate about delivering robust yet flexible and easy-to-use talent acquisition solutions that are backed by superior customer service for every client," Day continued. "During the year, we added nearly 90 people to the team and yet the company retains a collaborative, high-growth, 'start up' mentality, which has pushed our product development to keep pace with social and mobile innovations. Full-suite HRIS and ERP providers just aren't agile enough to keep up," Day concluded.
"That grit and determination was tested in Q4 when our iCIMS family faced both personal and professional challenges caused by Hurricane Sandy. But as an organization we banded together to support one another and our valued customers, and to repair the community we call home. This response was definitely among our proudest achievements of 2012," Day concluded.
About iCIMS, Inc.:
iCIMS, a leading provider of innovative Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) talent acquisition solutions, is an Inc. 500 and Software Satisfaction honoree focused on solving corporate business issues through the implementation of easy-to-use, scalable solutions that are backed by award-winning customer service. iCIMS' Talent Platform, the industry's premier candidate management solution, enables organizations to manage their entire talent acquisition lifecycle from sourcing, to recruiting, to onboarding all within a single web-based application. With more than 1,400 clients worldwide, iCIMS is one of the largest and fastest-growing talent acquisition system providers with offices in North America, UK, and China. To learn more about how iCIMS can help your organization, visit http://www.icims.com or view a free online demo of the iCIMS Talent Platform.
Trademarks and registered trademarks contained herein remain the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE iCIMS, Inc.
We are reaching the end of the beginning with WebRTC, and real systems using this technology have begun to appear. One challenge that faces every WebRTC deployment (in some form or another) is identity management. For example, if you have an existing service – possibly built on a variety of different PaaS/SaaS offerings – and you want to add real-time communications you are faced with a challenge relating to user management, authentication, authorization, and validation. Service providers will want to use their existing identities, but these will have credentials already that are (hopefully) i...
Nov. 27, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,033
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 27, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 986
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective storage designed to handle the massive surge in back-end data in a world where timely analytics is e...
Nov. 26, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,114
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happens, where data lives and where the interface lies. For instance, it's a mix of architectural styles ...
Nov. 26, 2014 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,000
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrategies, will examine why IT must finally fulfill its role in support of its SBUs or face a new round of...
Nov. 26, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,048
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water, are pursuing SmartGrid initiatives that represent one of the more mature examples of SAE. We have s...
Nov. 26, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,046
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Nov. 26, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,086
One of the biggest challenges when developing connected devices is identifying user value and delivering it through successful user experiences. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, Innovation Services at PARC, described an IoT-specific approach to user experience design that combines approaches from interaction design, industrial design and service design to create experiences that go beyond simple connected gadgets to create lasting, multi-device experiences grounded in people's real needs and desires.
Nov. 26, 2014 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,035
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect at Hookflash, will walk through the shifting landscape of traditional telephone and voice services ...
Nov. 26, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,504
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using the URL as a basic building block, we open this up and get the same resilience that the web enjoys.
Nov. 25, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,257
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series data. By focusing on enterprise applications and the data center, he will use OpenTSDB as an example t...
Nov. 25, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,309
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. According to a recent IDG Research Services Survey this rate of traffic will only grow. What's driving t...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,344
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps, abiding by privacy concerns and making the concept a reality. These challenges can't be addressed w...
Nov. 25, 2014 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,350
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Architect for the Internet of Things and Intelligent Systems at Red Hat, described how to revolutioniz...
Nov. 24, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,650
Bit6 today issued a challenge to the technology community implementing Web Real Time Communication (WebRTC). To leap beyond WebRTC’s significant limitations and fully leverage its underlying value to accelerate innovation, application developers need to consider the entire communications ecosystem.
Nov. 24, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,537
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from hardware to software, or as we like to say, it’s an Internet of many different things. The difference ...
Nov. 24, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,672
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 24, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,693
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Nov. 23, 2014 07:30 PM EST Reads: 1,855
"There is a natural synchronization between the business models, the IoT is there to support ,” explained Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder and Chief Architect of Aria Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at the 15th International Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 23, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,804
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,841