|By Marketwired .||
|January 17, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Acer America today announced it has received Microsoft® RemoteFX logo certification for its Veriton N2110G thin client running the Windows Embedded Standard 7 (WES7) operating system. Microsoft® RemoteFX features virtualized graphics resources and intelligent codecs to accelerate graphics even for remote users.
"Our thin clients running RemoteFX accelerate the momentum of virtual desktop computing, providing users of all intensity levels with PC-like performance while capturing all the benefits of thin client computing," explained Michael O'Beirne, Acer senior director, commercial product marketing, Acer. "The Veriton N2110G thin clients will help organizations meet today's reality of ever shrinking budgets by simplifying IT without compromising on business deliverables. Our thin clients are easy to configure, maintain and manage; while reducing the overall cost of ownership."
Acer thin clients running WES7 with RemoteFX deliver an exemplary user experience and important security benefits. WES7 leverages GPU virtualization and advanced codecs to deliver the full experience of the modern Windows 7 desktop, including multimedia and multiple displays on the thin client devices. RemoteFX allows users to take advantage of rich media features, such as 3D user interface, full-motion video, animations, and portable graphics stacks like Microsoft Silverlight and Flash. WES7 also features an enhanced, highly secure environment with seamless connectivity between the thin client and the network to protect critical data.
"Devon IT has been committed to working with technology partners to drive the virtual desktop computing market," says Joe Makoid, president of Devon IT. "Acer is a proven leader in technology and a computing giant. When a company as renowned as Acer takes a major step in driving virtual desktop solutions and technology, it bodes well for the entire industry. We look forward to working with Acer and continuing to build the momentum towards cloud computing, centralized IT management and across-the-board virtual desktop efforts."
The Acer Veriton N2110G Series thin clients are highly configurable stateless devices with no moving parts, which boosts reliability. These thin clients can save as much as 85 percent in power costs when compared to traditional desktops. The Veriton N Series supports dual DisplayPorts with a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600. Both VGA and DVI adapters are also available.
These high performance systems are outfitted with a dual core AMD G-T56N processor, 2GB memory and AMD Radeon HD 6320 graphics for exceptional multimedia capabilities. Four USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports provide connections to digital devices. These ultra-compact thin clients measure just 9.96 (H) x 8.35 (W) x 1.57 (D) inches.
Additional information about Microsoft RemoteFX certified Acer thin clients is available at http://us.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/model/DT.VFTAA.001.
Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones -- tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Ranked No. 2 for notebooks globally(1), Acer employs 8,000 people, and 2011 revenues reached US$15.7 billion. Please visit www.acer.com for more information.
© 2013 Acer Inc. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
1) Source: Gartner data FY2011
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2202657
E-mail: [email protected]
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-Based Business Telephone Solution Wins 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Intellyx Announces Agile Architecture Webinar Series with EITAGlobal
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists