|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- DecisionPoint™ Systems, Inc. (OTCBB: DPSI), a leading provider and integrator of Enterprise Mobility and Wireless Applications, announced today that it has launched a new sales and marketing initiative and dedicated a team to accelerate the Company's move into enterprise mobile software, software subscriptions and professional services. DecisionPoint Systems Vice President of Marketing Tom Barber has been promoted to the newly created position of Vice President-General Manager of the Enterprise Solutions Group to lead the new effort.
The first task for the new Enterprise Solutions Group will be to expand the sales and marketing of APEXWare™ software throughout the United States. APEXWare is a well-known and proven suite of mobile applications for field service, merchandising, sales, delivery and warehouse management that serves multiple vertical industries in the mid-market. DecisionPoint Systems acquired APEXWare through its recent purchase of APEX Systems Integrators of Burlington, Ontario.
For more information on APEXWare please visit www.apex-ware.com.
"We have shown that we can succeed in the enterprise software, software subscriptions and professional services markets, and we are now accelerating our efforts in these areas that bring higher margins and a recurring revenue stream," said DecisionPoint Systems CEO Nicholas R. Toms. "One of the main reasons we bought APEX was to expand in these areas and APEXWare software has already proven its value. We intend to grow our revenues and margins, in this exciting area to drive increasing shareholder value."
Mr. Barber, who will report to Chief Operating Officer Ralph Hubregsen, is a long-time member of the DecisionPoint Systems management team and, prior to leading marketing, was Vice President-Products and Offerings. His background includes successfully working with mobile, wireless, networking and enterprise software products and services.
DecisionPoint Systems also announced that experienced enterprise software sales professional Jim Besselman has been appointed Vice President-Sales of the Enterprise Solutions Group. Mr. Besselman, who will report to Mr. Barber, comes to DecisionPoint Systems after success with high-performance enterprise software systems at Oversight Systems, Apriso, JDA, Telelogic, BroadVision, Oracle and Baan. He will be responsible for establishing the dedicated sales presence of the ApexWare software in the U.S.
The Enterprise Solutions Group will be wholly contained with DecisionPoint's U.S. operations.
About DecisionPoint™ Systems, Inc.
DecisionPoint Systems, Inc. delivers improved productivity and operational advantages to its clients by helping them move their business decision points closer to their customers. They do this by making enterprise software applications accessible to the front-line worker anytime, anywhere. DecisionPoint utilizes the latest wireless, mobility, and RFID technologies.
For more information on DecisionPoint Systems visit www.decisionpt.com
Forward Looking Statements
Under The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Except for historical information contained herein, the statements in this news release are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Act of 1995. Forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause a company's actual results, performance and achievement in the future to differ materially from forecasted results, performance, and achievement. These risks and uncertainties are described in the Company's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company undertakes no obligation to publicly release the results of any revisions to these forward looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof, or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events or changes in the Company's plans or expectation.
DecisionPoint Systems, Inc.
Nicholas R. Toms
Chief Executive Officer
Allen & Caron, Inc.
Rudy Barrio (investors)
Len Hall (media)
SOURCE DecisionPoint Systems, Inc.
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Intellyx Announces Agile Architecture Webinar Series with EITAGlobal
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- EDS and VMware Earn Top Net Promoter Scores According to New Temkin Group Research of Tech Industry
- July 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists