|By RealWire News Distribution||
|January 17, 2013 09:16 PM EST||
London, UK - 17 January 2013 - Flexiant has been awarded €950,000 from the EU's Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) for research and technological development. Flexiant is able to support technological research and development with Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator by working as part of the CELAR, PaaSaaS and MODAClouds consortiums, which includes enterprise and academic partners and research institutions.
Flexiant offers several solutions for each of the threeFP7 projects including providing the cloud platform for each project team to build and test open source tools and use case scenarios; providing each project with the necessary use case data for testing that is not manufactured; providing 'real data' sets from cloud provider activity; and supplying the mature and comprehensive API(s) necessary for each project.
"Our involvement in these three FP7 projects helps to reinforce our advancement in offering a cloud management solution that can support strategic organisational growth, development and testing," said George Knox, CEO, Flexiant. "During 2012, Flexiant upped its ante with the launch of the latest versions of Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator. The three projects benefit from our investment as the only service provider ready cloud orchestration solution in the market, giving them a solid platform for test and development."
Flexiant supports and benefits each FP7 project by deploying clouds on existing hardware to partners including many universities. Doing this allows these universities to run experimentation and use case scenarios which also create the ability to experiment across multiple cloud topologies. In addition, Flexiant offers the capabilities for higher level applications and decision making tools by ensuring the necessary information is available by making certain resource parameters available
Ger Burns, SVP of service delivery at Flexiant said, "Flexiant is able to deliver these three FP7 projects real value through our extensive cloud expertise having introduced the first cloud platform to Europe. Flexiant offers each of the projects benefits ranging from big data scaling, mobile data management, multi-cloud scenarios and PaaS solutions."
Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator is a mature, reliable and feature-rich software solution for cloud management. The software was developed to launch the first public cloud service platform in Europe, in 2007 and was first made commercially available to the market in 2010. Since then, it has been named as the most innovative and trendsetting cloud management solution by Info-Tech Research Group.
Flexiant is also collaborating in 10 proposals under three European Commission FP7 calls.
The Company seeks to support these projects by providing the cloud provisioning technology for research, development and testing.
Flexiant is a leading international provider of cloud orchestration software for on-demand, fully automated provisioning of cloud services. Flexiant's software gives cloud service providers business agility, freedom and flexibility to scale, deploy and configure cloud services, simply and cost-effectively. Vendor agnostic and supporting multiple hypervisors, Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator is a software suite that is service provider ready, enabling cloud service provisioning through to granular metering, billing and reseller management. Used by over one hundred organisations worldwide, from small hosters to large Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Flexiant Cloud Orchestrator is simple to understand, simple to deploy and simple to use. Flexiant customers include Cartika, FP7 Consortium, IS Group, ITEX, and NetGroup. Visit www.flexiant.com.
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- EDS and VMware Earn Top Net Promoter Scores According to New Temkin Group Research of Tech Industry
- DevOps – Getting the Most From It at @DevOpsSummit [#DevOps]
- July 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- AppSphere 2014 Continues to Expand Speaker List With Industry Thought Leaders
- iCIMS Talent Platform Recognized for Outstanding Technology Enhancements by "Network Products Guide"
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists