|By Business Wire||
|January 29, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
Spirent Communications, the leader in testing networks, services and devices, today announced the launch of Spirent Axon, an easy-to-use network and application testing platform that enables IT professionals and network engineers to validate the performance of applications, network devices and IT services. With Axon, enterprises can deploy new applications and services faster while avoiding costly downtime.
Axon gives IT teams reliable and actionable results that can help them escape the downward spiral of reactive fire-fighting and spend their time more productively. Axon users can run tests in minutes to generate and model realistic traffic scenarios that benchmark and validate the performance of applications and network infrastructure. For example, now when rolling out new services such as VoIP, video conferencing or email upgrades, the IT team can deal with bandwidth bottlenecks, incorrect ACL (access control list) configurations or performance choke points prior to deployment avoiding extensive post-rollout troubleshoot and problem solving. IT managers and network engineers now can have confidence that their new services perform seamlessly from the start. Axon changes the face of testing in many unique ways:
- Intuitive: Axon makes testing as easy as using an mp3 player. Select a test from the pre-built library of test cases, build a “playlist” of the traffic types to be tested and hit “play”. Results are delivered in seconds and in an easy-to-understand report.
- Practical: With enterprise-ready test cases such as end-to-end, site to site, enterprise and web app, and quality of service (QoS) testing, Axon offers the right level of expertise on a compact and portable appliance that fits in a single rack unit. Axon can be controlled from any web-enabled device such as an iPad or other tablet computer.
- Proactive: Axon makes it easy to incorporate proactive testing into everything. Now, enterprises can deploy new applications and services faster while avoiding costly downtime.
- Affordable: Axon packages high-performance testing expertise into an affordable platform, making it accessible to IT professionals everywhere.
“IT teams know they need to incorporate proactive validation into their daily activities, however sophisticated professional testing platforms are typically out of reach for all but the largest IT organizations,” said Tim Jefferson, general manager for Enterprise Solutions at Spirent. “With the launch of Axon, IT professionals and network engineers now have a solution that lets them find and fix problems before going live, so they can deploy new applications and services more quickly and with confidence. Axon gives customers more control over their network and application deployment, helping them to focus on projects that drive business value. ”
“IT network and application testing is complex and can be intimidating,” continued Jefferson. “Axon removes those barriers and makes robust testing accessible to IT teams everywhere. With an extensive best-practice test library, no technical expertise is required by the user to perform tests. Axon delivers a solution that IT professionals can trust.”
- White Paper: New Ideas for Enterprise Testing
- Blog Post: Testing in the Enterprise: How Hard Can it Be?
- Packet Pushers Podcast: Show 132 – Spirent Axon Test Gear
- Industry/Blogger Reviews:
For more information on Spirent Axon and how it can help IT managers and system integrators visit: www.axon.spirent.com.
About Spirent Communications plc
Spirent Communications plc. (LSE: SPT), a global leader in test & measurement offers an extensive portfolio of solutions to test data centers, cloud computing environments, high speed Ethernet networks and services, 3G/4G wireless networks and devices, network security, and global navigation satellite systems. For more information visit http://www.spirent.com/about-us/News_Room/About_Spirent_Communications_plc.aspx.
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Connected Globe News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- Toshiba's VIPedge Cloud-Based Business Telephone Solution Wins 2014 Cloud Computing Excellence Award
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Intellyx Announces Agile Architecture Webinar Series with EITAGlobal
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists