|By Business Wire||
|February 6, 2013 05:30 AM EST||
ADTRAN®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of cloud connectivity, enterprise communications and virtual mobility solutions, today announced a partnership with Accuris Networks, a leading provider of Wi-Fi offload and roaming inter-working solutions, to deliver a secure, flexible and scalable network virtualization architecture for cloud-based mobile offload and roaming. Accuris has joined ADTRAN’s Total Solution Alliance Program, partnering with ADTRAN to provide highly reliable, performance-enhanced network solutions that enable converged services with superior quality and availability.
Mobile offload solutions are enabling mobile operators to satisfy the growing demand for mobile data. The proliferation of smartphones and tablets has created congestion on 3G/4G/LTE mobile networks. Fortunately, these devices can also support a data session on Wi-Fi networks which opens the possibility of easing the burden on cellular networks. However, most Wi-Fi networks are not designed to meet the challenge of offload. Wi-Fi networks are commonly designed around independent access points that cannot support access point-to-access point mobility or they are built around hardware-based controllers that create backhaul challenges. In addition, user authentication is designed for nomadic public access using a laptop computer and not for a mobile user with a smartphone.
ADTRAN’s unique approach, based on the Bluesocket virtual Wireless LAN solution (vWLAN), allows for the data session to be distributed and managed locally in the access point. The control plane is both centralized and virtualized so that it can reside anywhere in the cloud. With user control and session authentication taking place remotely, the need for data session backhaul is eliminated. This gives mobile network operators the maximum degree of freedom to design an optimal offload network. ADTRAN’s cloud-based mobile offload solution saves operators the expense and engineering challenges of coping with backhaul. At the same time, vWLAN supports access point-to-access point mobility, access point-based security policies, and user differentiation necessary to support offload.
By partnering with Accuris Networks, ADTRAN marries the benefits of vWLAN with the carrier-grade capabilities of Accuris Networks’ AccuROAM solution for authentication, billing, settlement, and policy enforcement. The carrier-grade solution enables macro network features and service interworking to be extended to subscribers connected via a wi-fi network while ensuring subscribers receive the same user experience as they would on the cellular network. Operators gain a detailed view of all wi-fi connected subscriber activity along with the ability to control and manage those subscribers in real time.
“This collaborative effort addresses the need for a flexible, cloud-enabled networking environment with the scaling capabilities to satisfy massive increases in mobile data – a critical business issue facing all mobile operators around the globe,” said Aidan Dillon, CTO for Accuris Networks.
“We are very pleased to partner with Accuris Networks to deliver next generation mobile offload and roaming solutions,” stated Mads Lillelund, general manager for ADTRAN’s Bluesocket Business Group. “Leveraging virtualization to remove the traditional limitations of today’s existing network architectures holds the promise of highly scalable, cloud-enabled networks that will further advance mobile communications worldwide.”
About Accuris Networks
Accuris Networks is a leading provider of roaming interworking, device management and convergence solutions. The AccuROAM platform is designed to provide mobile communications operators with a Wi-Fi offload and Wi-Fi roaming solution, which includes smartphone client software, access server/gateway technology and billing integration designed to provide a seamless and secure user experience for data, voice and messaging services. For more information, visit Accuris Networks at www.accuris-networks.com.
ADTRAN, Inc. is a leading global provider of networking and communications equipment. ADTRAN’s products enable voice, data, video and Internet communications across a variety of network infrastructures. ADTRAN solutions are currently in use by service providers, private enterprises, government organizations, and millions of individual users worldwide. For more information, please visit www.adtran.com.
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Intellyx Announces Agile Architecture Webinar Series with EITAGlobal
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- EDS and VMware Earn Top Net Promoter Scores According to New Temkin Group Research of Tech Industry
- July 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists