|By PR Newswire||
|February 20, 2013 01:10 PM EST||
SEATTLE, Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Opscode®, the leader in cloud infrastructure automation, today announced that Amazon Web Services' (AWS) new OpsWorks application management solution uses Opscode Chef™ as the framework to automate everything from configuring server instances to deploying applications in AWS cloud environments. AWS OpsWorks comes preconfigured with a default collection of Chef cookbooks for automating standard infrastructure operations, ensuring maximum consistency and control throughout the application development and deployment process. Using Opscode Chef, AWS OpsWorks delivers a flexible, automated, end-to-end solution for simplifying application management and speeding the path to innovation.
"As enterprise organizations look to cloud computing for leverage in the race to market, the scale and complexity of cloud deployments can quickly outpace the skills available to manage them. Automation solves for this skills gap by enabling IT with the tools necessary to effectively build and manage large-scale cloud infrastructure," said Adam Jacob, Chief Customer Officer, Opscode. "Opscode already has hundreds of customers using our Chef-based products to automate AWS clouds, so OpsWorks is not only a logical extension of Chef's benefits for AWS users, but further validation of Chef as a key component in any cloud-based, application management tool chain."
AWS OpsWorks uses Opscode Chef code recipes to automate, simplify, and accelerate the entire application lifecycle – from configuration to staging, deployment to shutdown – all with secure control. Using the Chef framework, OpsWorks provides an easy, step-by-step, highly repeatable and consistent process for building, managing, and deploying applications in AWS clouds. OpsWorks comes with a default set of Chef cookbooks that contain recipes to handle standard operations, including setting up and configuring application servers and deploying applications, across a wide range of scenarios. Because OpsWorks uses Chef, users can easily leverage hundreds of community-built configurations such as PostgreSQL, Nginx, and Solr. OpsWorks also makes it easy to upload and implement custom Chef recipes to perform additional tasks, including specialized configurations and application builds.
The open source Chef community features tens of thousands of active users, more than 1,000 individual contributors, 175 corporate contributors, and 800 cookbooks, providing a rich ecosystem of support for AWS customers looking to make the most of their investment in the cloud.
Opscode's pioneering software, Chef, is an open-source systems integration framework built specifically for automating at scale. No matter how complex the realities of business, Chef makes it easy to deploy servers and scale applications throughout an entire infrastructure. Through a combination of configuration management and service-oriented architectures, Chef makes it easy to create an elegant, fully automated infrastructure while simplifying systems management. Chef is available as an open source download, a SaaS subscription, or as software installed behind the user's firewall.
Opscode is the leader in infrastructure automation. Opscode helps companies of all sizes develop fully automated server infrastructures that scale easily and predictably; can be quickly rebuilt in any environment; and save developers and systems engineers time and money. Opscode's team is comprised of web infrastructure experts responsible for building and operating some of the world's largest websites and cloud computing platforms. More information can be found at www.opscode.com.
[email protected] / 206-745-0000
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- Business Process Management (BPM), Cloud, Mobile, and Patterns Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2014-2020
- Global e-Learning Industry
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Intellyx Announces Agile Architecture Webinar Series with EITAGlobal
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of July 20, 2014
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- EDS and VMware Earn Top Net Promoter Scores According to New Temkin Group Research of Tech Industry
- July 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- June 2014 Server and StorageIO Update newsletter
- XIOSS Announces Partnership with Dropbox for Business
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Android and the Open Automotive Alliance Shift into the Next Gear
- MongoDB World in NY City this week
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists