|By PR Newswire||
|February 25, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
Alliance adds the Middle East's largest operator, Etisalat, to its
growing global footprint
- Live demonstrations of global connectivity solutions on connected tablets at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona
TORONTO, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - The alliance announced today at Mobile World Congress 2013 a new member, Etisalat, and demonstration of the technical capability of the alliance to enable a single worldwide SIM card via a web-based platform.
Comprised of seven leading mobile operators - KPN, NTT DOCOMO, Rogers Communications, SingTel, Telefonica, Telstra, VimpelCom and now Etisalat - the alliance announced last year its intent to bring technology to market that would simplify the process of global M2M deployments. As the largest mobile operator coalition in the world, the alliance aims to eliminate complexity for multinational companies associated with worldwide deployments of connected devices.
Multinational corporations planning to roll out connected devices worldwide face a multitude of hurdles, including mobile operators with limited local coverage, fragmented network landscapes and multiple connected device platforms. The alliance aims to build the technical capability to simplify multi-network M2M solutions for multinational customers in the retail, healthcare, consumer electronics, transportation and automobiles and energy sectors and on a worldwide scale.
All members of the alliance offer the leading M2M platform for enterprises, Jasper Wireless' Control Center, as part of this solution, which is connected with the subscription management platform from Giesecke & Devrient enabling the secure subscription swap functionality. The alliance is also open to prospective members who do not have a partnership with Jasper Wireless.
Throughout Mobile World Congress 2013, alliance members will be conducting live demonstrations showing the SIM management capabilities and Over-the-Air (OTA) subscription updates on connected tablets simulating the real consumer experience. This intelligent technical functionality, coupled with the secure wireless subscription management platform SmartTrust® AirOn™ from Giesecke & Devrient, is a powerful capability highly sought after by mass-manufacturers of connected devices.
Throughout the Mobile World Congress 2013 event, demonstrations of the alliance's platform and single global SIM card can be seen at the following booths:
Hall 3: Stand 3B108
NTT DOCOMO, INC.
Hall 6: Stand 6D40
Giesecke & Devrient
Hall 6: Stand 6D70
KPN is the leading telecommunications and ICT service provider in the Netherlands, offering wireline and wireless telephony, internet and TV to consumers and end-to-end telecom and ICT services to business customers. In Germany and Belgium, KPN pursues a Challenger strategy in its wireless operations and holds number three market positions through E-Plus and BASE. KPN provides wholesale network services to third parties and operates an efficient IP-based infrastructure with global scale in international wholesale through iBasis. For M2M we offer PAN European solutions. At December 31st, 2011, KPN served over 44.5 million customers, of which 36.6 million were in wireless services, 4 million in wireline voice, 2.5 million in broadband Internet and 1.4 million in TV. With 18,687 FTEs in the Netherlands (31,084 FTEs for the whole group), KPN reported full-year revenues of EUR 13.1bn and an EBITDA of EUR 5.1bn in 2011. KPN was incorporated in 1989 and is listed on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
About NTT DOCOMO
NTT DOCOMO is a world-leading integrated-services company centered on mobility. The company serves over 60 million mobile customers in Japan via advanced wireless networks, including a nationwide 3G network and one of the world's first commercial LTE networks. Leveraging its unique capabilities as a mobile operator, DOCOMO is a leading developer of cutting-edge technologies for NFC mobile payments, mobile GPS, mobile TV, intuitive mobile assistance, environmental monitoring, smart grids and much more. Overseas, the company provides technical and operational expertise to eight mobile operators and other partner companies. NTT DOCOMO is listed on the Tokyo (9437), London (NDCM) and New York (DCM) stock exchanges. Please visit www.nttdocomo.com for more information
About Rogers Communications
Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are Canada's largest provider of wireless voice and data communications services and one of Canada's leading providers of cable television, high speed Internet and telephony services. Through Rogers Media we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, magazines and trade publications, sports entertainment, and digital media. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit rogers.com.
SingTel is Asia's leading communications group with operations and investments around the world. Serving both the corporate and consumer markets, it is committed to bringing the best global communications solutions to customers in the Asia Pacific and beyond. With significant operations in Singapore and Australia (through wholly-owned subsidiary SingTel Optus), the Group provides a comprehensive portfolio of services that includes voice and data solutions over fixed, wireless and Internet platforms, as well as infocomm technology and pay TV. The Group has presence in Asia and Africa with 473 million mobile customers in 26 countries, including Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines and Thailand. To serve the needs of multi-national corporations, SingTel also has a vast network of offices throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and the United States. These offices enable SingTel to deliver reliable and quality network solutions to its customers, either on its own or jointly with local partners. More information can be found at www.singtel.com and www.optus.com.au.
About Telefónica Digital
Telefónica Digital is a global business division of Telefónica. Its mission is to seize the opportunities within the digital world and deliver new growth for Telefónica through research & development, venture capital, global partnerships and digital services such as cloud computing, mobile advertising, M2M solutions and eHealth. Telefónica Digital will deliver these innovative products and services to Telefónica's 300 million customers as well as leveraging the power of the internet to enter new markets. It is headquartered in London with regional centres in Silicon Valley, Sao Paolo, Spain and Tel Aviv. Jajah, Terra, Tuenti, giffgaff and 48 are all part of the Telefónica Group.
Telstra is Australia's leading telecommunications and information services company, with one of the best known brands in the country. Telstra offers a full range of services and competes in all telecommunications markets throughout the country. Telstra has Australia's largest fully integrated IP network and Australia's largest network, which is faster in more places, the Telstra Mobile network, comprising 3G-HSPA+ (across the entire coverage footprint) and 4G-LTE technology (in more than 100 locations across Australia, which is more than double the area of our nearest competitor) operating together. Telstra also has an international presence spanning 15 countries, including China.
VimpelCom is one of the world's largest integrated telecommunications services operators providing voice and data services through a range of traditional and broadband mobile and fixed technologies in Russia, Italy, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Cambodia, Laos, Algeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Central African Republic and Canada. VimpelCom's operations around the globe cover territory with a total population of approximately 782 million people. VimpelCom provides services under the "Beeline", "Kyivstar", "djuice", "Wind", "Infostrada" "Mobilink", "Leo", "banglalink", "Telecel", and "Djezzy" brands. As of September 30, 2012 VimpelCom had 212 million mobile subscribers on a combined basis. VimpelCom is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol (VIP). For more information visit: http://www.vimpelcom.com.
Etisalat is the Middle East's largest operator and the GCC's third largest corporation. With a market value of approximately Dhs. 80 billion (USD 20 billion) and annual revenues of over Dhs. 32 billion (USD 8.7 billion) Etisalat is today on the verge of being numbered amongst the top ten operators in the world. Etisalat is a multinational, blue-chip organisation with operations in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. An estimated 2 million people benefit from regular work supplying Etisalat or its customers, including 53,000 who are directly employed by the company. Etisalat now has access to a population of more than two billion and its satellite network provides services over two thirds of the planet's surface. Etisalat is rated by Moody's: Aa3, Standard & Poor's: AA- and Fitch Ratings: A+, some of the highest ratings for a telecommunications company anywhere in the world. This reflects the company's strong balance sheet, low debt position and proven long-term performance. For further information please visit www.etisalat.ae
SOURCE Rogers Communications Inc.
- Red Hat Announces General Availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5
- Advance Registration to Expire for Washington, D.C. & Mid-Atlantic Summit August 16; Join Mid-Atlantic Data Center Executives
- “Entisys 02” Finishes in Top 20 at the 2014 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Race at the Sonoma Raceway
- Emulex 10Gb Ethernet and Gen 5 Fibre Channel Adapters Selected by Lenovo to Enhance ThinkServer Family
- ITEXPO Miami Calls for Papers on the Latest Business Technology Strategies
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Rackspace Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting in Both North America and Europe
- VOCALCOM Effortless Contact Center Software Revolutionizes Contact Center Performance: AW Rostamani Takes Advantage to Accelerate Business Growth
- AppDynamics Closes $120 Million in Growth Financing to Accelerate Platform and Sales Expansion
- Rackspace Announces OnMetal Cloud Servers General Availability and Pricing
- Research and Markets: Cloud Computing Market in Japan 2014-2018
- OIC Alliance Joins Internet of Things Battle
- Last Chance to Register for LTE World Summit
- Jim Miller at ImageWare Systems, George Romas at HP, Jody Ross at AMAG, + March Networks and StrikeForce Featured in SecuritySolutionsWatch.com Interviews
- Perforce Open Sources Popular Version Control Tools
- Red Hat Announces General Availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform 5
- Findly Enhances Recruiting Efficiency With New Single Sign-on Portal
- WSO2 Announces Full Agenda for WSO2Con Europe 2014 Conference
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of June 1, 2014
- Citrix Executives to Present at Upcoming Investor Conferences
- Zuora Caps Record Breaking Subscribed 2014 with the 63rd Release of the Award Winning Z-Business Platform
- How Mobile Solutions, Digital Disruptions and Code Halos are Transforming Industries
- Flexera Software Increases Commitment to Europe with Germany-based Datacenter to Host FlexNet Manager Suite Cloud for European Customers
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- "HP's Problem Ain't the SAP Install," Says Sun's Schwartz
- Red Hat Named "Platinum Sponsor" of Virtualization Conference & Expo
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Web Services Strategy - SAP Platform
- JavaOne 2008: SOA, SCA, REST and Comet Discussed
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- Oracle To Keynote Cloud Computing Expo
- Software AG SOA World News Coverage Initiated on Ulitzer
- Cloud Expo, Inc. Announces Cloud Expo 2011 New York Venue
- Adaptivity “Platinum Plus Sponsor” of Cloud Expo
- Adobe and Social Media Terrorists