|By PR.com Newswire||
|February 27, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
Edison, NJ, February 27, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Crave InfoTech announces the availability of Asset Tracking Solution (C-ASTRA) and Field Service Manager (C-FSM) for the Utility Industry, which help utilities improve field service efficiency, customer service and system reliability.
New enhancements in C-ASTRA provide utilities to track and display real-time status of the vehicles, jobs and mobile phones in the field allowing authorized personnel to monitor the whereabouts of each vehicle, jobs and personnel.
- C-ASTRA also enables utilities to take advantage of advanced collaboration tools. For example, Dispatcher and Supervisors will know the exact location and current status of the vehicle and the jobs in the field allowing them to make important and timely decisions of assigning critical jobs to the right field personnel to react to the emergency situations. Dispatcher and Supervisors can simulate field technician routes in the office and help obtain better directions during bad traffic conditions. Operations managers can obtain real time and historical data of field personnel productivity. Fleet managers can make informed decisions about the vehicle maintenance with the help of OBDII enabled GPS device data and C-ASTRA’s proprietary algorithm than traditional mileage/duration logic.
- Once the job is assigned to a technician using C-ASTRA, system will automatically send that job to the mobile device of the assigned technician. This eliminates any manual delays and verbal miscommunications. Field technicians will know the urgency of the job based upon the priority assigned by the dispatcher / supervisor.
- Manager can use the C-ASTRA’s vehicle bread crumb trail to defend their team against fraudulent complaints, reward efficient team members or discipline for mistakes. Bread crumb trail is legally admissible.
- C-ASTRA’s alert management functionality automatically sends SMS/e-mails to the designated personnel for predefined warning conditions such as harsh driving, speeding, excessive idling, vehicle breakdown, deviation from the pre-determine route, etc.
- C-ASTRA’s geo fence functionality helps to track vehicle traffic in your manned and un-manned locations.
- C-ASTRA’s flexible reporting allows users to define their own reports to perform custom analysis.
- C-ASTRA is available as Cloud solution for a nominal monthly usage fee or you can own the software for a one time software licensing fee.
- C-FSM; Crave Field Service Manager is built upon Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) and fully integrated with SAP ECC Work Management and ISU-CR&B modules and API’s are provided to integrate these modules with any Work Management applications.
- C-FSM has all the business scenarios built for Utilities (power, gas, sewer, and water), customer centric businesses (e.g. appliance service, repair and maintenance, heavy equipment maintenance), and public sector (e.g. City and County maintenance field crew).
- C-FSM also has Mobile Routing which allows field personnel to obtain optimized route for their assigned jobs based upon predefined criteria (specific to each mobile user) including avoiding toll roads, avoiding highways which helps to minimize driving. In addition the field technician can create his/her own route by manually sequencing the jobs assigned and obtain route directions. In addition users can enable additional parameters like job types, job priority and appointment time which are part of the optimized route calculation algorithm. These settings ensure that high priority jobs are attended within the appointment time window with optimized driving route. Routing application has out of the box integration with SAP MAM and MAU application. It has predefined API’s to integrate into any other mobile asset management application.
In order to provide end to end solution Crave InfoTech also provides GPS hardware and installation services through their partner network in addition to the tracking software.
The summary of the key benefits for implementing C-ASTRA and C-FSM are:
· Productivity improvement of supervisor, dispatcher and field workforce.
· Reduce idle time: save fuel, help green initiative and improve health of the vehicle.
· Reduce driving on the roads by obtaining optimized route and driving directions.
· Increase number of stops/jobs due to increased efficiency.
· Increase customer satisfaction by giving them real-time location and status of the field technician scheduled to visit their premise.
· Educate field workforce with the help of statistical information for reducing idle time and speeding issues.
· Bread crumb trail functionality to access historical information to respond to customer complaints, disciplinary actions against workforce.
· Obtain insurance discounts for monitoring vehicle 24*7
· Increase vehicle life and reduce maintenance cycle due to real-time monitoring and reduced driving time on the road.
“South West Water Company (SWWC), a water utility with service territory in 4 states of United States is able to achieve significant productivity gains at a relatively modest ownership cost. Fleet managers are able to strengthen the asset security and drive down the vehicle maintenance costs by capturing real-time data. SWWC implemented Mobile Workforce Management, Asset Tracking and Mobile Routing modules with the help of Crave InfoTech. These modules are tightly integrated with SAP and allows dispatchers, supervisors and technicians to make smart decisions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction," said David Garrett, IT Manager at SWWC.
About Crave InfoTech
Crave InfoTech is a global software and technology services company providing a full spectrum of software services to our client. From business strategy development through application deployment, we help clients realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. Crave InfoTech is an authorized SAP, Sybase and Mobility Software & Services partner. Crave InfoTech is headquartered in New Jersey, USA with Development Center at Nagpur, India, with clientele in North America, Africa, Australia and Asia. Crave InfoTech provides standard, add-ons and specialized custom solutions for your business and delivers superior business value to global clients through a combination of process innovation, commitment to long-term client relationships and strategic alliances with leading technology providers.
Click here to read the full story: Crave InfoTech Announces C-ASTRA: Crave Asset Tracking and C-FSM: Crave Field Service Manager
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential.
Dec. 18, 2014 01:45 PM EST Reads: 609
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 754
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas.
Dec. 18, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 2,077
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com), moderated by Ashar Baig, Research Director, Cloud, at Gigaom Research, Nate Gordon, Director of T...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 2,213
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover how hardware commoditization, the ubiquitous nature of connectivity, and the emergence of Big Data a...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,040
ARMONK, N.Y., Nov. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced that it is bringing a greater level of control, security and flexibility to cloud-based application development and delivery with a single-tenant version of Bluemix, IBM's platform-as-a-service. The new platform enables developers to build ap...
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,861
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,732
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada. Our partner network encompasses some 300 of the world's leading systems integrators and security s...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:30 AM EST Reads: 1,844
"People are a lot more knowledgeable about APIs now. There are two types of people who work with APIs - IT people who want to use APIs for something internal and the product managers who want to do something outside APIs for people to connect to them," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at SOA Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,162
Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa, at more than US$500 billion, and ranks 23rd in the world. A recent re-evaluation of Nigeria's true economic size doubled the previous estimate, and brought it well ahead of South Africa, which is a member (unlike Nigeria) of the G20 club for political as well as economic reasons. Nigeria's economy can be said to be quite diverse from one point of view, but heavily dependent on oil and gas at the same time. Oil and natural gas account for about 15% of Nigera's overall economy, but traditionally represent more than 90% of the country's exports and as...
Dec. 18, 2014 06:00 AM EST Reads: 657
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ryan Bagnulo, Solution Architect / Software Engineer at SOA Software, focused on desi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:15 PM EST Reads: 1,239
"At our booth we are showing how to provide trust in the Internet of Things. Trust is where everything starts to become secure and trustworthy. Now with the scaling of the Internet of Things it becomes an interesting question – I've heard numbers from 200 billion devices next year up to a trillion in the next 10 to 15 years," explained Johannes Lintzen, Vice President of Sales at Utimaco, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 11:00 PM EST Reads: 1,317
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 17, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,279
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built to optimize Microsoft workloads, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Gridstore™ is the leader in hyper-converged infrastructure purpose-built for Microsoft workloads and designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Gridstore’s hyper-converged infrastructure is the industry’s first all flash version of HyperConverged Appliances that include both compute and storag...
Dec. 17, 2014 06:30 PM EST Reads: 1,181
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops using a visual drag-and-drop application – and eForms-buildi...
Dec. 17, 2014 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,422
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core of our infrastructures. At the same time, we have old approaches made new again like micro-services...
Dec. 16, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,261
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your organization should be taking to position itself for the next platform of digital competition.
Dec. 15, 2014 11:45 PM EST Reads: 1,630
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EST Reads: 6,856
As the Internet of Things unfolds, mobile and wearable devices are blurring the line between physical and digital, integrating ever more closely with our interests, our routines, our daily lives. Contextual computing and smart, sensor-equipped spaces bring the potential to walk through a world that recognizes us and responds accordingly. We become continuous transmitters and receivers of data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation for HP's Printing and Personal Systems Group, discussed how key attributes of mobile technology – touch input, sensors, social, and ...
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,939
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial Cloud.
Dec. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,611