|By PR.com Newswire||
|February 27, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
Edison, NJ, February 27, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Crave InfoTech announces the availability of Asset Tracking Solution (C-ASTRA) and Field Service Manager (C-FSM) for the Utility Industry, which help utilities improve field service efficiency, customer service and system reliability.
New enhancements in C-ASTRA provide utilities to track and display real-time status of the vehicles, jobs and mobile phones in the field allowing authorized personnel to monitor the whereabouts of each vehicle, jobs and personnel.
- C-ASTRA also enables utilities to take advantage of advanced collaboration tools. For example, Dispatcher and Supervisors will know the exact location and current status of the vehicle and the jobs in the field allowing them to make important and timely decisions of assigning critical jobs to the right field personnel to react to the emergency situations. Dispatcher and Supervisors can simulate field technician routes in the office and help obtain better directions during bad traffic conditions. Operations managers can obtain real time and historical data of field personnel productivity. Fleet managers can make informed decisions about the vehicle maintenance with the help of OBDII enabled GPS device data and C-ASTRA’s proprietary algorithm than traditional mileage/duration logic.
- Once the job is assigned to a technician using C-ASTRA, system will automatically send that job to the mobile device of the assigned technician. This eliminates any manual delays and verbal miscommunications. Field technicians will know the urgency of the job based upon the priority assigned by the dispatcher / supervisor.
- Manager can use the C-ASTRA’s vehicle bread crumb trail to defend their team against fraudulent complaints, reward efficient team members or discipline for mistakes. Bread crumb trail is legally admissible.
- C-ASTRA’s alert management functionality automatically sends SMS/e-mails to the designated personnel for predefined warning conditions such as harsh driving, speeding, excessive idling, vehicle breakdown, deviation from the pre-determine route, etc.
- C-ASTRA’s geo fence functionality helps to track vehicle traffic in your manned and un-manned locations.
- C-ASTRA’s flexible reporting allows users to define their own reports to perform custom analysis.
- C-ASTRA is available as Cloud solution for a nominal monthly usage fee or you can own the software for a one time software licensing fee.
- C-FSM; Crave Field Service Manager is built upon Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) and fully integrated with SAP ECC Work Management and ISU-CR&B modules and API’s are provided to integrate these modules with any Work Management applications.
- C-FSM has all the business scenarios built for Utilities (power, gas, sewer, and water), customer centric businesses (e.g. appliance service, repair and maintenance, heavy equipment maintenance), and public sector (e.g. City and County maintenance field crew).
- C-FSM also has Mobile Routing which allows field personnel to obtain optimized route for their assigned jobs based upon predefined criteria (specific to each mobile user) including avoiding toll roads, avoiding highways which helps to minimize driving. In addition the field technician can create his/her own route by manually sequencing the jobs assigned and obtain route directions. In addition users can enable additional parameters like job types, job priority and appointment time which are part of the optimized route calculation algorithm. These settings ensure that high priority jobs are attended within the appointment time window with optimized driving route. Routing application has out of the box integration with SAP MAM and MAU application. It has predefined API’s to integrate into any other mobile asset management application.
In order to provide end to end solution Crave InfoTech also provides GPS hardware and installation services through their partner network in addition to the tracking software.
The summary of the key benefits for implementing C-ASTRA and C-FSM are:
· Productivity improvement of supervisor, dispatcher and field workforce.
· Reduce idle time: save fuel, help green initiative and improve health of the vehicle.
· Reduce driving on the roads by obtaining optimized route and driving directions.
· Increase number of stops/jobs due to increased efficiency.
· Increase customer satisfaction by giving them real-time location and status of the field technician scheduled to visit their premise.
· Educate field workforce with the help of statistical information for reducing idle time and speeding issues.
· Bread crumb trail functionality to access historical information to respond to customer complaints, disciplinary actions against workforce.
· Obtain insurance discounts for monitoring vehicle 24*7
· Increase vehicle life and reduce maintenance cycle due to real-time monitoring and reduced driving time on the road.
“South West Water Company (SWWC), a water utility with service territory in 4 states of United States is able to achieve significant productivity gains at a relatively modest ownership cost. Fleet managers are able to strengthen the asset security and drive down the vehicle maintenance costs by capturing real-time data. SWWC implemented Mobile Workforce Management, Asset Tracking and Mobile Routing modules with the help of Crave InfoTech. These modules are tightly integrated with SAP and allows dispatchers, supervisors and technicians to make smart decisions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction," said David Garrett, IT Manager at SWWC.
About Crave InfoTech
Crave InfoTech is a global software and technology services company providing a full spectrum of software services to our client. From business strategy development through application deployment, we help clients realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. Crave InfoTech is an authorized SAP, Sybase and Mobility Software & Services partner. Crave InfoTech is headquartered in New Jersey, USA with Development Center at Nagpur, India, with clientele in North America, Africa, Australia and Asia. Crave InfoTech provides standard, add-ons and specialized custom solutions for your business and delivers superior business value to global clients through a combination of process innovation, commitment to long-term client relationships and strategic alliances with leading technology providers.
Click here to read the full story: Crave InfoTech Announces C-ASTRA: Crave Asset Tracking and C-FSM: Crave Field Service Manager
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
The broad selection of hardware, the rapid evolution of operating systems and the time-to-market for mobile apps has been so rapid that new challenges for developers and engineers arise every day. Security, testing, hosting, and other metrics have to be considered through the process. In his session at Big Data Expo, Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist, HP Big Data Group, at Hewlett-Packard, will discuss the challenges faced by developers and a composite Big Data applications builder, focusing on how to help solve the problems that developers are continuously battling.
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 511
Nowadays, a large number of sensors and devices are connected to the network. Leading-edge IoT technologies integrate various types of sensor data to create a new value for several business decision scenarios. The transparent cloud is a model of a new IoT emergence service platform. Many service providers store and access various types of sensor data in order to create and find out new business values by integrating such data.
Oct. 10, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 583
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, will show how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants will get the download information, scripts, and complete end-to-end walkthrough of the analysis from start to finish. Participants will also be given the pract...
Oct. 10, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, will provide an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 766
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures traffic gets delivered faster, safer, and more reliably than ever.
Oct. 10, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 654
WebRTC services have already permeated corporate communications in the form of videoconferencing solutions. However, WebRTC has the potential of going beyond and catalyzing a new class of services providing more than calls with capabilities such as mass-scale real-time media broadcasting, enriched and augmented video, person-to-machine and machine-to-machine communications. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Luis Lopez, CEO of Kurento, will introduce the technologies required for implementing these ideas and some early experiments performed in the Kurento open source software community in areas ...
Oct. 10, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 775
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Oct. 10, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 176
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi's VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving this change including privacy controls, data transparency and integration of real time context w...
Oct. 9, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 150
The IoT market is on track to hit $7.1 trillion in 2020. The reality is that only a handful of companies are ready for this massive demand. There are a lot of barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can we deal with these issues and challenges? The paradigm has changed. Old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways will certainly lead you to the dead end. What is mandatory is an overarching and adaptive approach to effectively handle the rapid changes and exponential growth.
Oct. 9, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 249
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, will discuss the impact of technology on identity. Should we federate, or not? How should identity be secured? Who owns the identity? How is identity ...
Oct. 9, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 453
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new data-driven world, marketplaces reign supreme while interoperability, APIs and applications deliver un...
Oct. 9, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 320
Electric power utilities face relentless pressure on their financial performance, and reducing distribution grid losses is one of the last untapped opportunities to meet their business goals. Combining IoT-enabled sensors and cloud-based data analytics, utilities now are able to find, quantify and reduce losses faster – and with a smaller IT footprint. Solutions exist using Internet-enabled sensors deployed temporarily at strategic locations within the distribution grid to measure actual line loads.
Oct. 9, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 147
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, will explore the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and technology requirements that will drive the Internet of Things from hype to reality.
Oct. 9, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 126
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data shows "less than 10 percent of IoT developers are making enough to support a reasonably sized team....
Oct. 9, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 253
You have your devices and your data, but what about the rest of your Internet of Things story? Two popular classes of technologies that nicely handle the Big Data analytics for Internet of Things are Apache Hadoop and NoSQL. Hadoop is designed for parallelizing analytical work across many servers and is ideal for the massive data volumes you create with IoT devices. NoSQL databases such as Apache HBase are ideal for storing and retrieving IoT data as “time series data.”
Oct. 9, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 511
Today’s connected world is moving from devices towards things, what this means is that by using increasingly low cost sensors embedded in devices we can create many new use cases. These span across use cases in cities, vehicles, home, offices, factories, retail environments, worksites, health, logistics, and health. These use cases rely on ubiquitous connectivity and generate massive amounts of data at scale. These technologies enable new business opportunities, ways to optimize and automate, along with new ways to engage with users.
Oct. 9, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 192
The IoT is upon us, but today’s databases, built on 30-year-old math, require multiple platforms to create a single solution. Data demands of the IoT require Big Data systems that can handle ingest, transactions and analytics concurrently adapting to varied situations as they occur, with speed at scale. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chad Jones, chief strategy officer at Deep Information Sciences, will look differently at IoT data so enterprises can fully leverage their IoT potential. He’ll share tips on how to speed up business initiatives, harness Big Data and remain one step ahead by apply...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 566
There will be 20 billion IoT devices connected to the Internet soon. What if we could control these devices with our voice, mind, or gestures? What if we could teach these devices how to talk to each other? What if these devices could learn how to interact with us (and each other) to make our lives better? What if Jarvis was real? How can I gain these super powers? In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, will show you!
Oct. 9, 2015 01:15 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ProfitBricks is the IaaS provider that offers a painless cloud experience for all IT users, with no learning curve. ProfitBricks boasts flexible cloud servers and networking, an integrated Data Center Designer tool for visual control over the cloud and the best price/performance value available. ProfitBricks was named one of the coolest Clo...
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 806
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Oct. 9, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 622