|By PR.com Newswire||
|February 27, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
Edison, NJ, February 27, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Crave InfoTech announces the availability of Asset Tracking Solution (C-ASTRA) and Field Service Manager (C-FSM) for the Utility Industry, which help utilities improve field service efficiency, customer service and system reliability.
New enhancements in C-ASTRA provide utilities to track and display real-time status of the vehicles, jobs and mobile phones in the field allowing authorized personnel to monitor the whereabouts of each vehicle, jobs and personnel.
- C-ASTRA also enables utilities to take advantage of advanced collaboration tools. For example, Dispatcher and Supervisors will know the exact location and current status of the vehicle and the jobs in the field allowing them to make important and timely decisions of assigning critical jobs to the right field personnel to react to the emergency situations. Dispatcher and Supervisors can simulate field technician routes in the office and help obtain better directions during bad traffic conditions. Operations managers can obtain real time and historical data of field personnel productivity. Fleet managers can make informed decisions about the vehicle maintenance with the help of OBDII enabled GPS device data and C-ASTRA’s proprietary algorithm than traditional mileage/duration logic.
- Once the job is assigned to a technician using C-ASTRA, system will automatically send that job to the mobile device of the assigned technician. This eliminates any manual delays and verbal miscommunications. Field technicians will know the urgency of the job based upon the priority assigned by the dispatcher / supervisor.
- Manager can use the C-ASTRA’s vehicle bread crumb trail to defend their team against fraudulent complaints, reward efficient team members or discipline for mistakes. Bread crumb trail is legally admissible.
- C-ASTRA’s alert management functionality automatically sends SMS/e-mails to the designated personnel for predefined warning conditions such as harsh driving, speeding, excessive idling, vehicle breakdown, deviation from the pre-determine route, etc.
- C-ASTRA’s geo fence functionality helps to track vehicle traffic in your manned and un-manned locations.
- C-ASTRA’s flexible reporting allows users to define their own reports to perform custom analysis.
- C-ASTRA is available as Cloud solution for a nominal monthly usage fee or you can own the software for a one time software licensing fee.
- C-FSM; Crave Field Service Manager is built upon Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) and fully integrated with SAP ECC Work Management and ISU-CR&B modules and API’s are provided to integrate these modules with any Work Management applications.
- C-FSM has all the business scenarios built for Utilities (power, gas, sewer, and water), customer centric businesses (e.g. appliance service, repair and maintenance, heavy equipment maintenance), and public sector (e.g. City and County maintenance field crew).
- C-FSM also has Mobile Routing which allows field personnel to obtain optimized route for their assigned jobs based upon predefined criteria (specific to each mobile user) including avoiding toll roads, avoiding highways which helps to minimize driving. In addition the field technician can create his/her own route by manually sequencing the jobs assigned and obtain route directions. In addition users can enable additional parameters like job types, job priority and appointment time which are part of the optimized route calculation algorithm. These settings ensure that high priority jobs are attended within the appointment time window with optimized driving route. Routing application has out of the box integration with SAP MAM and MAU application. It has predefined API’s to integrate into any other mobile asset management application.
In order to provide end to end solution Crave InfoTech also provides GPS hardware and installation services through their partner network in addition to the tracking software.
The summary of the key benefits for implementing C-ASTRA and C-FSM are:
· Productivity improvement of supervisor, dispatcher and field workforce.
· Reduce idle time: save fuel, help green initiative and improve health of the vehicle.
· Reduce driving on the roads by obtaining optimized route and driving directions.
· Increase number of stops/jobs due to increased efficiency.
· Increase customer satisfaction by giving them real-time location and status of the field technician scheduled to visit their premise.
· Educate field workforce with the help of statistical information for reducing idle time and speeding issues.
· Bread crumb trail functionality to access historical information to respond to customer complaints, disciplinary actions against workforce.
· Obtain insurance discounts for monitoring vehicle 24*7
· Increase vehicle life and reduce maintenance cycle due to real-time monitoring and reduced driving time on the road.
“South West Water Company (SWWC), a water utility with service territory in 4 states of United States is able to achieve significant productivity gains at a relatively modest ownership cost. Fleet managers are able to strengthen the asset security and drive down the vehicle maintenance costs by capturing real-time data. SWWC implemented Mobile Workforce Management, Asset Tracking and Mobile Routing modules with the help of Crave InfoTech. These modules are tightly integrated with SAP and allows dispatchers, supervisors and technicians to make smart decisions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction," said David Garrett, IT Manager at SWWC.
About Crave InfoTech
Crave InfoTech is a global software and technology services company providing a full spectrum of software services to our client. From business strategy development through application deployment, we help clients realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. Crave InfoTech is an authorized SAP, Sybase and Mobility Software & Services partner. Crave InfoTech is headquartered in New Jersey, USA with Development Center at Nagpur, India, with clientele in North America, Africa, Australia and Asia. Crave InfoTech provides standard, add-ons and specialized custom solutions for your business and delivers superior business value to global clients through a combination of process innovation, commitment to long-term client relationships and strategic alliances with leading technology providers.
Click here to read the full story: Crave InfoTech Announces C-ASTRA: Crave Asset Tracking and C-FSM: Crave Field Service Manager
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 6, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 312
Most people haven’t heard the word, “gamification,” even though they probably, and perhaps unwittingly, participate in it every day. Gamification is “the process of adding games or game-like elements to something (as a task) so as to encourage participation.” Further, gamification is about bringing game mechanics – rules, constructs, processes, and methods – into the real world in an effort to engage people. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Endo, owner and engagement manager of Intrepid D...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 753
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 5, 2016 03:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including clou...
Feb. 5, 2016 02:30 PM EST Reads: 695
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 329
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 321
SYS-CON Events announced today that VAI, a leading ERP software provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. VAI (Vormittag Associates, Inc.) is a leading independent mid-market ERP software developer renowned for its flexible solutions and ability to automate critical business functions for the distribution, manufacturing, specialty retail and service sectors. An IBM Premier Business Part...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 519
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, will provide an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profes...
Feb. 5, 2016 12:00 PM EST
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EST
As enterprises work to take advantage of Big Data technologies, they frequently become distracted by product-level decisions. In most new Big Data builds this approach is completely counter-productive: it presupposes tools that may not be a fit for development teams, forces IT to take on the burden of evaluating and maintaining unfamiliar technology, and represents a major up-front expense. In his session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Andrew Warfield, CTO and Co-Founder of Coho Data, will dis...
Feb. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EST
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts...
Feb. 5, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 305
Eighty percent of a data scientist’s time is spent gathering and cleaning up data, and 80% of all data is unstructured and almost never analyzed. Cognitive computing, in combination with Big Data, is changing the equation by creating data reservoirs and using natural language processing to enable analysis of unstructured data sources. This is impacting every aspect of the analytics profession from how data is mined (and by whom) to how it is delivered. This is not some futuristic vision: it's ha...
Feb. 2, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 394
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Feb. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 822
Learn how IoT, cloud, social networks and last but not least, humans, can be integrated into a seamless integration of cooperative organisms both cybernetic and biological. This has been enabled by recent advances in IoT device capabilities, messaging frameworks, presence and collaboration services, where devices can share information and make independent and human assisted decisions based upon social status from other entities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Heydt, founder of Seamless...
Feb. 1, 2016 05:00 AM EST Reads: 909
The IoT's basic concept of collecting data from as many sources possible to drive better decision making, create process innovation and realize additional revenue has been in use at large enterprises with deep pockets for decades. So what has changed? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Prasanna Sivaramakrishnan, Solutions Architect at Red Hat, discussed the impact commodity hardware, ubiquitous connectivity, and innovations in open source software are having on the connected universe of people, thi...
Jan. 31, 2016 09:00 PM EST Reads: 705
WebRTC: together these advances have created a perfect storm of technologies that are disrupting and transforming classic communications models and ecosystems. In his session at WebRTC Summit, Cary Bran, VP of Innovation and New Ventures at Plantronics and PLT Labs, provided an overview of this technological shift, including associated business and consumer communications impacts, and opportunities it may enable, complement or entirely transform.
Jan. 31, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 1,125
There are so many tools and techniques for data analytics that even for a data scientist the choices, possible systems, and even the types of data can be daunting. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Harrold, Global CTO for Big Data Solutions for EMC Corporation, showed how to perform a simple, but meaningful analysis of social sentiment data using freely available tools that take only minutes to download and install. Participants received the download information, scripts, and complete end-t...
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,185
For manufacturers, the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a jumping-off point for innovation, jobs, and revenue creation. But to adequately seize the opportunity, manufacturers must design devices that are interconnected, can continually sense their environment and process huge amounts of data. As a first step, manufacturers must embrace a new product development ecosystem in order to support these products.
Jan. 31, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 781
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, discussed how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the dat...
Jan. 30, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 743
When it comes to IoT in the enterprise, namely the commercial building and hospitality markets, a benefit not getting the attention it deserves is energy efficiency, and IoT’s direct impact on a cleaner, greener environment when installed in smart buildings. Until now clean technology was offered piecemeal and led with point solutions that require significant systems integration to orchestrate and deploy. There didn't exist a 'top down' approach that can manage and monitor the way a Smart Buildi...
Jan. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 1,246