|By PR.com Newswire||
|February 27, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
Edison, NJ, February 27, 2013 --(PR.com)-- Crave InfoTech announces the availability of Asset Tracking Solution (C-ASTRA) and Field Service Manager (C-FSM) for the Utility Industry, which help utilities improve field service efficiency, customer service and system reliability.
New enhancements in C-ASTRA provide utilities to track and display real-time status of the vehicles, jobs and mobile phones in the field allowing authorized personnel to monitor the whereabouts of each vehicle, jobs and personnel.
- C-ASTRA also enables utilities to take advantage of advanced collaboration tools. For example, Dispatcher and Supervisors will know the exact location and current status of the vehicle and the jobs in the field allowing them to make important and timely decisions of assigning critical jobs to the right field personnel to react to the emergency situations. Dispatcher and Supervisors can simulate field technician routes in the office and help obtain better directions during bad traffic conditions. Operations managers can obtain real time and historical data of field personnel productivity. Fleet managers can make informed decisions about the vehicle maintenance with the help of OBDII enabled GPS device data and C-ASTRA’s proprietary algorithm than traditional mileage/duration logic.
- Once the job is assigned to a technician using C-ASTRA, system will automatically send that job to the mobile device of the assigned technician. This eliminates any manual delays and verbal miscommunications. Field technicians will know the urgency of the job based upon the priority assigned by the dispatcher / supervisor.
- Manager can use the C-ASTRA’s vehicle bread crumb trail to defend their team against fraudulent complaints, reward efficient team members or discipline for mistakes. Bread crumb trail is legally admissible.
- C-ASTRA’s alert management functionality automatically sends SMS/e-mails to the designated personnel for predefined warning conditions such as harsh driving, speeding, excessive idling, vehicle breakdown, deviation from the pre-determine route, etc.
- C-ASTRA’s geo fence functionality helps to track vehicle traffic in your manned and un-manned locations.
- C-ASTRA’s flexible reporting allows users to define their own reports to perform custom analysis.
- C-ASTRA is available as Cloud solution for a nominal monthly usage fee or you can own the software for a one time software licensing fee.
- C-FSM; Crave Field Service Manager is built upon Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) and fully integrated with SAP ECC Work Management and ISU-CR&B modules and API’s are provided to integrate these modules with any Work Management applications.
- C-FSM has all the business scenarios built for Utilities (power, gas, sewer, and water), customer centric businesses (e.g. appliance service, repair and maintenance, heavy equipment maintenance), and public sector (e.g. City and County maintenance field crew).
- C-FSM also has Mobile Routing which allows field personnel to obtain optimized route for their assigned jobs based upon predefined criteria (specific to each mobile user) including avoiding toll roads, avoiding highways which helps to minimize driving. In addition the field technician can create his/her own route by manually sequencing the jobs assigned and obtain route directions. In addition users can enable additional parameters like job types, job priority and appointment time which are part of the optimized route calculation algorithm. These settings ensure that high priority jobs are attended within the appointment time window with optimized driving route. Routing application has out of the box integration with SAP MAM and MAU application. It has predefined API’s to integrate into any other mobile asset management application.
In order to provide end to end solution Crave InfoTech also provides GPS hardware and installation services through their partner network in addition to the tracking software.
The summary of the key benefits for implementing C-ASTRA and C-FSM are:
· Productivity improvement of supervisor, dispatcher and field workforce.
· Reduce idle time: save fuel, help green initiative and improve health of the vehicle.
· Reduce driving on the roads by obtaining optimized route and driving directions.
· Increase number of stops/jobs due to increased efficiency.
· Increase customer satisfaction by giving them real-time location and status of the field technician scheduled to visit their premise.
· Educate field workforce with the help of statistical information for reducing idle time and speeding issues.
· Bread crumb trail functionality to access historical information to respond to customer complaints, disciplinary actions against workforce.
· Obtain insurance discounts for monitoring vehicle 24*7
· Increase vehicle life and reduce maintenance cycle due to real-time monitoring and reduced driving time on the road.
“South West Water Company (SWWC), a water utility with service territory in 4 states of United States is able to achieve significant productivity gains at a relatively modest ownership cost. Fleet managers are able to strengthen the asset security and drive down the vehicle maintenance costs by capturing real-time data. SWWC implemented Mobile Workforce Management, Asset Tracking and Mobile Routing modules with the help of Crave InfoTech. These modules are tightly integrated with SAP and allows dispatchers, supervisors and technicians to make smart decisions to improve productivity and customer satisfaction," said David Garrett, IT Manager at SWWC.
About Crave InfoTech
Crave InfoTech is a global software and technology services company providing a full spectrum of software services to our client. From business strategy development through application deployment, we help clients realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI. Crave InfoTech is an authorized SAP, Sybase and Mobility Software & Services partner. Crave InfoTech is headquartered in New Jersey, USA with Development Center at Nagpur, India, with clientele in North America, Africa, Australia and Asia. Crave InfoTech provides standard, add-ons and specialized custom solutions for your business and delivers superior business value to global clients through a combination of process innovation, commitment to long-term client relationships and strategic alliances with leading technology providers.
Click here to read the full story: Crave InfoTech Announces C-ASTRA: Crave Asset Tracking and C-FSM: Crave Field Service Manager
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Lachapelle, CEO of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), will provide an overview of various initiatives to certifiy the security of connected devices and future trends in ensuring public trust of IoT. Eric Lachapelle is the Chief Executive Officer of the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), an international certification body. His role is to help companies and individuals to achieve professional, accredited and worldw...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 243
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 24, 2017 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,501
Your homes and cars can be automated and self-serviced. Why can't your storage? From simply asking questions to analyze and troubleshoot your infrastructure, to provisioning storage with snapshots, recovery and replication, your wildest sci-fi dream has come true. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, will provide a ChatOps demo where you can talk to your storage and manage it from anywhere, through Slack and similar services ...
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,104
My team embarked on building a data lake for our sales and marketing data to better understand customer journeys. This required building a hybrid data pipeline to connect our cloud CRM with the new Hadoop Data Lake. One challenge is that IT was not in a position to provide support until we proved value and marketing did not have the experience, so we embarked on the journey ourselves within the product marketing team for our line of business within Progress. In his session at @BigDataExpo, Sum...
Mar. 24, 2017 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,603
What sort of WebRTC based applications can we expect to see over the next year and beyond? One way to predict development trends is to see what sorts of applications startups are building. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Arin Sime, founder of WebRTC.ventures, will discuss the current and likely future trends in WebRTC application development based on real requests for custom applications from real customers, as well as other public sources of information,
Mar. 24, 2017 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 371
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Mar. 24, 2017 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,288
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ocean9will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Ocean9 provides cloud services for Backup, Disaster Recovery (DRaaS) and instant Innovation, and redefines enterprise infrastructure with its cloud native subscription offerings for mission critical SAP workloads.
Mar. 24, 2017 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,764
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 add...
Mar. 24, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 561
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Mar. 24, 2017 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,841
SYS-CON Events announced today that Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 6–8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Mar. 24, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,858
SYS-CON Events announced today that Loom Systems will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Founded in 2015, Loom Systems delivers an advanced AI solution to predict and prevent problems in the digital business. Loom stands alone in the industry as an AI analysis platform requiring no prior math knowledge from operators, leveraging the existing staff to succeed in the digital era. With offices in S...
Mar. 24, 2017 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 958
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Mar. 24, 2017 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,395
SYS-CON Events announced today that T-Mobile will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc., is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The Company's advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 67.4 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on ...
Mar. 24, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,885
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudistics, an on-premises cloud computing company, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Cloudistics delivers a complete public cloud experience with composable on-premises infrastructures to medium and large enterprises. Its software-defined technology natively converges network, storage, compute, virtualization, and management into a ...
Mar. 24, 2017 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,640
SYS-CON Events announced today that CA Technologies has been named “Platinum Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. CA Technologies helps customers succeed in a future where every business – from apparel to energy – is being rewritten by software. From ...
Mar. 24, 2017 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,419
SYS-CON Events announced today that Infranics will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Since 2000, Infranics has developed SysMaster Suite, which is required for the stable and efficient management of ICT infrastructure. The ICT management solution developed and provided by Infranics continues to add intelligence to the ICT infrastructure through the IMC (Infra Management Cycle) based on mathemat...
Mar. 24, 2017 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,736
Now that the world has connected “things,” we need to build these devices as truly intelligent in order to create instantaneous and precise results. This means you have to do as much of the processing at the point of entry as you can: at the edge. The killer use cases for IoT are becoming manifest through AI engines on edge devices. An autonomous car has this dual edge/cloud analytics model, producing precise, real-time results. In his session at @ThingsExpo, John Crupi, Vice President and Eng...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,678
In the enterprise today, connected IoT devices are everywhere – both inside and outside corporate environments. The need to identify, manage, control and secure a quickly growing web of connections and outside devices is making the already challenging task of security even more important, and onerous. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Rich Boyer, CISO and Chief Architect for Security at NTT i3, will discuss new ways of thinking and the approaches needed to address the emerging challenges of securit...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,263
The taxi industry never saw Uber coming. Startups are a threat to incumbents like never before, and a major enabler for startups is that they are instantly “cloud ready.” If innovation moves at the pace of IT, then your company is in trouble. Why? Because your data center will not keep up with frenetic pace AWS, Microsoft and Google are rolling out new capabilities In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Don Browning, VP of Cloud Architecture at Turner, will posit that disruption is inevitable for c...
Mar. 24, 2017 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,907
There are 66 million network cameras capturing terabytes of data. How did factories in Japan improve physical security at the facilities and improve employee productivity? Edge Computing reduces possible kilobytes of data collected per second to only a few kilobytes of data transmitted to the public cloud every day. Data is aggregated and analyzed close to sensors so only intelligent results need to be transmitted to the cloud. Non-essential data is recycled to optimize storage.
Mar. 24, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,903